Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Sat 18th Aug 2012 - Round the Forth Bridges

Are you coming?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
I would love to make this sat but i'd get shot if i missed 3 saturdays in a row of seeing the other half :shy:

I do plan on going on a sat but only for a few hours and starting about 9 though

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Minor roads sounds good ... I will have to wait a wee bit longer before deciding whether I can make this Saturday (again :rolleyes:).
The weather forecast certainly looks rather pleasant at the moment ...:sun:

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I would love to make this sat but i'd get shot if i missed 3 saturdays in a row of seeing the other half :shy:

I do plan on going on a sat but only for a few hours and starting about 9 though

I'm on-call this weekend so for that reason - I'm out :cry:

No worries, gents. I'm sure we'll get to meet face to face one of these days!

Minor roads sounds good ... I will have to wait a wee bit longer before deciding whether I can make this Saturday (again :rolleyes:).
The weather forecast certainly looks rather pleasant at the moment ...:sun:

T

Fingers crossed, T, for the weather. I hope you can make it :thumbsup:

Fubar

Guru
So, a gentle pootle round the bridges.... who's up for it!? :biggrin:

I'm working on Sat night, so would like to go for a 10:00 start at Tesco South Queensferry.

We will be going clockwise, taking in the minor roads. There will be lovely views of the Forth from West Lothian Golf Club.

Here's a rough idea of the route. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/166325955

anyway, AVG 16mph and "gentle pootle" are not likely to meet on one of my rides...:laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

Not sure yet if I can make this one. I've booked my bike into the LBS and he says that he'll fix it tomorrow, don't know when it'll be ready

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Can't make this one either, unfortunately. I'll be out on a ride on my own on Sunday to compensate.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm a Maybe for this one, as Mrs Scoosh, while attempting to ride her bike up a kerb to give an approaching car some passing room, managed to launch herself off the bike, onto the pavement, with her head in a hedge. :stop: The bike didn't get over the kerb. :sad:

1 (:blush:) the bike is fine :thumbsup:
2 her right shoulder was dislocated :eek:
3 she has a 'small fracture' at the top of her right humerus :ohmy:
4 she needs some TLC :smooch:
5 she might want me out of the way by Saturday ! ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'm a Maybe for this one, as Mrs Scoosh, while attempting to ride her bike up a kerb to give an approaching car some passing room, managed to launch herself off the bike, onto the pavement, with her head in a hedge. :stop: The bike didn't get over the kerb. :sad:

:eek: :ohmy: :B) :sad: Ouch! Get well soon, Mrs Scoosh!!! Did she get a plaster, or just a sling? Hope it's not too painful, and that she can be reasonably independent again soon ... I could do most things by myself, but the odd tasks (such as making a ponytail!) needed help for a couple of weeks (mine was the right radius, luckily my shoulder was not affected).

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
That's terrible! I hope Mrs Scoosh has a speedy recovery.

I think, given the lack of participants, I'm going cancel this ride. We've only got two maybes! It was short notice and 3 CC Ecosse weekend rides in a row was perhaps a bit optimistic!

I'm going out tomorrow night anyway, so could be fragile on Sat a.m.! Plus I have a long nightshift ahead of me on Saturday.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
CtC Glasgow have a good run on, should get yourself along to that. Good friendly group, nice pace and always a good cake stop, been out on a good few with them myself http://www.ctcglasgow.org.uk/ you don't have to be a member or anything either.
Yeah, I know about those rides, and have considered them in the past. But sometimes I just need to ride completely at my own pace...

Rasmus

Without a clever title

Ouch! Clearly the lesson here is to not be nice and try to give space to motorists! :evil:

Give my best to the cake-baker-in-chief.

Top Bottom