Should i ask for compensation for my bike and loss of earnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
In car terms, it does sound like it would be a "50/50" accident really. But, that said, most cycling clubs have insurance. Would damages arising from such an incident whilst on a club ride be covered by that?

Or "floating off the Lancashire coast, with a window cleaners bucket rammed on your head and squeegee up your backside, cyclist"

Has quite a catchy ring to it

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
It's really bad luck, it's rubbish.

But I would say that it's one of those that you have to take on the chin. It was a bit of bad luck in a group ride, it can happen. Not the same as being struck by someone driving dangerously. Maybe they weren't all that experienced.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Minutes before reading this I cut the grass and my mower shot a stone into the patio door, which shattered.

Insurance excess is more than the cost of replacement glass.

It's an accident. I'm taking it on the chin. End of.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Minutes before reading this I cut the grass and my mower shot a stone into the paio door, which shattered.

Insurance excess is more than the cost of replacement glass.

It's an accident. I'm taking it on the chin. End of.
Do you not think you should sue the lawnmower manufacturer? It isn't just the cost of replacing the glass you know? You have to consider the inconvenience and distress, it could have taken somebody's eye out! (you were wearing safety goggles weren't you?)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Some strong opinions here so be warned if it isn't what you want to hear....

Idiots like you stop a lot of volunteers organising things for the benefit of others. Idiots like you mean the rest of us end up paying disproportionate inflated insurance premiums when we try to protect ourselves against REASONABLE losses. Idiots like you are making a fortune for the pseudo-legal industry, ever wondered why all the adverts on the radio for reclaiming PPI/had bad guts on holiday/been involved in a trip, slip, fall/bought a timeshare and don't want to pay your bill anymore, are playing endlessly.
Grow up and be a big boy. Cycling is safe but like many things in life (in fact everything) it is not entirely risk free. From your description it would seem the other rider was not negligent. These things happen, get over it.

You know, if you just said that without calling me an idiot over and over again i'd accept your reply. I'm sat here and can hardly walk. I was just inquiring that's all.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
You know, if you just said that without calling me an idiot over and over again i'd accept your reply. I'm sat here and can hardly walk. I was just inquiring that's all.
I was worried you might miss it the first time!

Before anyone says it, I have been self employed for 13yrs so know what it means if I couldn't physically work.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was worried you might miss it the first time!

Before anyone says it, I have been self employed for 13yrs so know what it means if I couldn't physically work.

I'm all in favour of putting such group riding incidents down as just that - I was responsible for something similar with my group.

But a lasting physical injury to either party does put a different complexion on it, to which there is no easy answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom