Should i ask for compensation for my bike and loss of earnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm presuming, as an organised cycling club with members, you're required to have insurance as part of this?

The partial downside is that one BC member can't claim damages off another.

imho it's an accident. And claiming is probably not going to be possible.

Big Andy

Über Member
I was worried you might miss it the first time!

Before anyone says it, I have been self employed for 13yrs so know what it means if I couldn't physically work.
You could just as easily have made your point, which I happen to agree with, without being so rude though. The rudeness devalues your contribution.

broady

Veteran
@Accy cyclist
It sounds to me that you are more liable than the guy who fell off. Cyclists are supposed to be given space around them by all other vehicles (including other cyclists) as things do sometimes go wrong.
Having read some of your posts I hope the person that falls off does sue you for any damage caused fron you being too close

Unfortunately a similar thing happened to me when out with my little 5 year old boy. He wobbled and fell into me, forcing me against a wall and stinging nettles.....oooo it smarted !!!:hyper:
In this instance I am claiming for damages and post traumatic stress from the little ***** These people must learn. Yes I have lost friends, both Mickey & goofy refused to speak to me at the bed time story and whilst eating our fish fingers at tea time yesterday I swear 'my son' flicked Tommy sauce at my back. :boxing:
Do you what you have to do Accy, these people are a danger to society and not fit to call themselves friends.
Fortunately the atmosphere has eased this weekend as me and the wife left him at home to look after himself whilst enjoying a weekend away together. Our solicitor told us to keep our distance. Nasty one this one is

P.S kids Isla bike soon to be for sale.

screenman

Legendary Member
You're self employed in a physical job and have no kind of income protection so you're looking to pass the blame for your own lack of foresight or planning for such an incident.

Do me a favour please, try getting a quote for me.

outlash

also available in orange
Thread of the week :smile:.

jayonabike