Show us your Christmas tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My wife and I have chosen to have our first ever "real" Christmas tree this year hoping that she may no longer be allergic to same.

I am wondering how best to stand the thing up. I was planning to put it in a bucket and support it with bricks or similar, which would allow me to water it. Any top tips for keeping it in good order, or some other way to stand it up, would be useful. Thanks in advance..

A large bucket (4 gallon) full of sand or soil, stand tree in it pack with sand or soil, water will add extra weight and will keep the tree fresh.

MarkF

Guru
View attachment 153315 View attachment 153316
Our 14 year old daughter decorated both our trees this year, I think she did a fine job.

I do too, much better than the OCD matching bauble weirdos.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
[QUOTE 4592750, member: 9609"]Hasn't worked out as hoped, i gave my mate a ring and he said no problems, get him 40 benson and hedges and he would cut me a 10 foot tree for the garden, - 2 packs of cigarettes set me back £18 (I didn't realise smokers were quite as mental as they must be) And then his version of 10 foot looks a hell of a lot like 7 foot to me, so a 30 mile round trip best part of twenty quid for a scabby little tree - this is not working out well :sad:[/QUOTE]

£18 for the fags + fuel for the 30 mile trip.............you won't have saved much and your still not happy, might have been better off buying the tree you could see in town.

This is our real Christmas tree. About 5ft 9inch tall. Smells lovely and doesn't drop too many pines.

20161205_192447.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4593955, member: 9609"]and here is the wifes indoor tree with my outdoor one in the background
xmas_1382_zpskcypcc8b.jpg

all very xmasy at reiver towers[/QUOTE]
That looks wonderful.

Attachments

• xmas_1382_zpskcypcc8b.jpg
    xmas_1382_zpskcypcc8b.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 42

Attachments

• PianoChristmas1.JPG
    PianoChristmas1.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 47

postman

Legendary Member
View attachment 153298 Took me ages but finally finished decorating it.
Mine is bigger than Potsy's.

If you hear a knock at the door.It will be David And Victoria,they are looking for a new pad.that looks likethe one.

Top Bottom