Show us your crossers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
I'd love to. I wouldn't expect to win, mind. Or even finish in the top half of the field. But it's such a FUN bike to ride, as I'm sure Pottsy will agree.

d.

What gear are you riding?

I guess if you're reasonably good at running, it should not be too much of a handicap? I have, however, not seen any SS at the 10 LCXL races I rode last season. Which means you absolutely MUST do it! See you there next season.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Gearing is 36x16. It's fine for round the MTB trails at Fowlmead, which have a couple of steep-ish banks, but I suspect a real CX race would be a baptism of fire by comparison... but I want to do it more for the fun than the competition anyway, so I'm not worried about being made to look silly.

So yes, see you there next season!

d.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Gearing is 36x16. It's fine for round the MTB trails at Fowlmead, which have a couple of steep-ish banks, but I suspect a real CX race would be a baptism of fire by comparison... but I want to do it more for the fun than the competition anyway, so I'm not worried about being made to look silly.

So yes, see you there next season!

d.

You won't look silly, and in fact I guarantee tons of people will want to talk to you afterwards. Cyclocrossers are a very friendly crowd.

The standard of LCXL ranges from elite to slob, so whatever your standard, I guarantee you won't be either first or last. It's a great day out.

Pottsy

I'd love to. I wouldn't expect to win, mind. Or even finish in the top half of the field. But it's such a FUN bike to ride, as I'm sure Pottsy will agree.

d.
Yes it's just a great fun bike. I don't race either, but for sheer simplicity and the ability on a ride to just go anywhere, I really enjoy it. It's pretty light and responsive too.
Same stock gearing here too, 36/16, but I'm quite 'spinny' so I find that fine, even on the road stretches, when you're not in a rush.
Perhaps I should think about a race or two as well. I do a lot of running (more than cycling really) and I suspect I'd need to on a SS!!

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
[QUOTE 1767886, member: 45"]I think I'm allowed to post on here.....

Can't put up a pic of my Tricross yet as it was only delivered at 09:33 this morning (according to TNT tracking) and so it's sitting in a box at home waiting for me to build it.[/quote]

I bet you can't wait to go home!

Pics needed.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Yes it's just a great fun bike. I don't race either, but for sheer simplicity and the ability on a ride to just go anywhere, I really enjoy it. It's pretty light and responsive too.
Same stock gearing here too, 36/16, but I'm quite 'spinny' so I find that fine, even on the road stretches, when you're not in a rush.
Perhaps I should think about a race or two as well. I do a lot of running (more than cycling really) and I suspect I'd need to on a SS!!

There will probably be 2 or 3 sections per typical lap that you will need to run that those with gears will ride. On the other hand, you'll get a lot fewer mechanicals.

Do it! :addict:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mine's a cheapy- built from a Milnes frame I bought on here (from Bonk_Man)

RIMG0012.jpg

I have it set up with a single ring at the front nowdays though.

Bluenite

[QUOTE 1767886, member: 45"]I think I'm allowed to post on here.....

Can't put up a pic of my Tricross yet as it was only delivered at 09:33 this morning (according to TNT tracking) and so it's sitting in a box at home waiting for me to build it.[/quote]

Have you built it yet.......i must see:wahhey:.

Top Bottom