Show us your crossers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
That bike is seriously slick @VamP really liking that :thumbsup:
How do you get on with the egg beaters, and what pedals do you run on your road bike (interested in the comparison)

Thank you very much Mr H. Seeing as you're a fellow weenie, here's a stat that might appeal - 7.1kg as shown in the pic.

I think there are three serious options for CX pedals, Eggbeaters, Time Atacs or SPD XT. Probably not that much to split them, Eggbeaters I think have the edge on mud clearance, but tend to be a bit more maintenance intensive. Some people report that they damage the soles of their shoes, but that has not been my experience across two different pairs. Once you choose one you're kind of stuck, as you have them on all your shoes and bikes, so changing isn't really worth the hassle and expense. These are the titanium ones, very light and no problems whatsoever over 2 seasons, but they are expensive.

I use Look Keo Blade on my road bikes. You can't really compare them they are very different beasts. Eggbeaters give you loads of float, but their main forte is ease of clipping and unclipping. As you may be doing that 30+ times in the course of a single cross race, it's a really crucial factor. The other key factor is not getting clogged by mud. Again, this is where Eggbeaters excel. Blades give a really solid platform, with adequate float, and really positive engagement, but I sometimes take several attempts to first clip in, specially in the dark.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Here's my Dolan Multi X, i don't race, i use this bike for riding the eastern end of the trans pennine trail, which is a mixture of concrete, tarmac, gravel paths and light off road, so i needed a bike that is all things to all men.

IMAG0534 - Low Res.jpg

lip03

Über Member
what is the reason behind cx having mainly cantilever brakes as opposed to v or calliper?? is it just the muck wont clog them up? can it be that simple??

lip03

Über Member
Yes it can
ah good well that cleared that up haha

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
CX.png

My CAADX6, heavily modified from original spec. Upgraded to full ultegra, Avid Ultimate Shorty brakes, Fizik Saddle, Campag Scirocco CX35 wheels, CX70 crankset.

When it eventually dies I will definitely upgrade to a disc machine, not sure which one but probably a carbon frameset, but disc's are a must.

choplee

Thank you very much. Here is it's livery for this season:

View attachment 33147

View attachment 33148

The bottle cage mounts debate is as old as cyclocross itself. In recent years, the big brands have all caved in to the pressures of the marketplace and include them on even elite level frames, but I rather respect Kinesis decision, and I am sure they did not take it lightly to go for the purist option.

As to the actual downsides of having the mounts there? There probably aren't any. It's an aesthetic.

i must admit i see Kinesis at the london bike show and really loving them more now ....price point good and bikes are crackin ....!!!!

nice cross fella ......:bicycle:

Mark999

Veteran
Mine - Trek CrossRip Elite. I like it. Very comfortable all rounder.

Like the brakes setup - road style and 'traditional'.
image.jpg

Top Bottom