Show us your mutt.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Here's my mutt. His name is Lemmy, which is short for Lemmington Spudulika Hairyballs. He's a Field Labrador, with 5 solid generations of field trials champions in his pedigree. The absolute pinnacle of Labrador breeding.

I bought him for the Missus when she retired to keep her company and to make her get out and exercise. I chose a Lab for their intelligence, gentle temperament and warm character. I was never a doggy person before but this little feller has blown me away.

Attachments

• P_20150629_154450.jpg
    P_20150629_154450.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 41
Molly the Cairn and Barnie the Yorkie. We recently lost our Golden Retriever so Molly is a new addition and has settled in really well.

19261911582_629687f6dc_o.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My Labradinger (Lab cross Springer) Millie. Very lively and alert and with a strong flushing/retrieving instinct as per her breeding. She has managed to catch and bring back several pheasants and a couple of pigeons. She was a rescue dog and I suspect the reason she was given up was probably because she needed so much exercise. She is only just slowing down very slightly now at 9 years old.

004 copy.jpg

Ok, wife would shoot me for the mess in the background, but I never see the point in tidying the toddlers toys before she's gone to bed.

20140118_191147.jpg

The Staffy on the left is Snoop. Unfortunately we lost him just over a week ago. We had to let him go to sleep after suspected bone cancer, and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. He was 12.

Echo is the Springer, a (retired/fired) drugs dog. He's 6 now, though this photo is a couple of years old. He can also boast a five generation pedigree that includes champions.

And just in case people think I'm mean - the cage wasn't meant for both. Snoop was getting a bit old and didn't want to be bothered by the toddler, so we got him the cage so that he would have somewhere a bit more protected and quiet to retreat to if he wanted. He loved it, but as you can see, Echo could never resist a cuddle with him.

ScotiaLass

Guru
This is Oskar the German Shepherd. He came to us from a kennel in Germany at 5 months old.
He's a poorly boy and not expected to last to the usual age....but we love him so much.
He is exceptionally bright and devoted to me.
He's my 3rd GSD (all rescues) - I just love the breed - so loyal and intelligent.

IMG_2295.jpg

But he does like to lay in some funny positions lol

sleep.JPG

ScotiaLass

Guru
Ok, wife would shoot me for the mess in the background, but I never see the point in tidying the toddlers toys before she's gone to bed.

View attachment 94085
The Staffy on the left is Snoop. Unfortunately we lost him just over a week ago. We had to let him go to sleep after suspected bone cancer, and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. He was 12.

Echo is the Springer, a (retired/fired) drugs dog. He's 6 now, though this photo is a couple of years old. He can also boast a five generation pedigree that includes champions.

And just in case people think I'm mean - the cage wasn't meant for both. Snoop was getting a bit old and didn't want to be bothered by the toddler, so we got him the cage so that he would have somewhere a bit more protected and quiet to retreat to if he wanted. He loved it, but as you can see, Echo could never resist a cuddle with him.
Awww I'm so sorry...it's so hard when you lose them :sad:
I love Echo! I had a liver and white Springer when I was a teen - he was called Niki.
My mum always used to berate me for bringing him home from the park soaking wet (as he always jumped straight into the lake!) but you just couldn't tell her thats what Springers do! :laugh:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
This is Oskar the German Shepherd. He came to us from a kennel in Germany at 5 months old.
He's a poorly boy and not expected to last to the usual age....but we love him so much.
He is exceptionally bright and devoted to me.
He's my 3rd GSD (all rescues) - I just love the breed - so loyal and intelligent.

View attachment 94087

But he does like to lay in some funny positions lol

View attachment 94088

I'm not a dog person but even I can see even if he isn't too well he sure looks happy!

Awww I'm so sorry...it's so hard when you lose them :sad:
I love Echo! I had a liver and white Springer when I was a teen - he was called Niki.
My mum always used to berate me for bringing him home from the park soaking wet (as he always jumped straight into the lake!) but you just couldn't tell her thats what Springers do! :laugh:

Exactly!

The wife spends most of her walks calling him back constantly as he legs it towards puddles, rivers etc in which he loves to jump and lie down. His recall is brilliant and he does come back everytime, only to then immediately head straight back, and get called again... Etc. She spends all walk doing this, and often it only needs a few seconds distraction and he's found one and is filthy.

My policy is to have a stress free walk - I let him get as dirty as he wants, and when we get back, hose him down, towel him down - and then utilise the aforementioned cage while he dries!

Top Bottom