Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
2 more recent arrivals in the stable

another R.E.W Raynolds

rew11.jpg

And a Raleigh Ventura that has been very lightly used

vent1.jpg

Aaron Mc Connell

image.jpg
A friend of mine rode past this outside someone's house next to some rubbish and old junk. I went and spoke to the owner and asked if I could have it. He snickered and said it was rubbish and I could take it away.
After a good clean,lots of WD40,Mr muscle, two new tyres and some New handle bar tape I'm now riding around on this!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
After a good clean,lots of WD40,Mr muscle, two new tyres and some New handle bar tape I'm now riding around on this!
I hope those Never-readies (or imitations) are truly bolted on. They often seem to sell for more now than they did new, which seems amazing because they're useless as lights unless you shove an LED-replacement bulb in!

IMAG0876.jpg
View attachment 90110 A friend of mine rode past this outside someone's house next to some rubbish and old junk. I went and spoke to the owner and asked if I could have it. He snickered and said it was rubbish and I could take it away.

You forgot the new horn.

Edit. Now with original picture I sent to Aaron, demonstrating how much elbow grease.

Last edited:
Hell of a lot better,:becool:

I guess some people can't see past the mildew.

Zojam

My ken bird that I have had as a winter project is finished and just been for my first ride. 1982 ken bird TT frame with shimano golden arrow group set and campagnolo record cronos rims on campagnolo record hubs. New turbo saddle and just need to get some straps for the toe clips.
View attachment 80168 View attachment 80169 View attachment 80170
I used to go in to his shop on Anerley hill in the 80s. He was renowned for his wheel building skills.

BigAl68

Über Member
I used to go in to his shop on Anerley hill in the 80s. He was renowned for his wheel building skills.

I found out a few days ago that my mates parents knew him. It turns out his mum worked as an au pair back in the 60s for Tom Simpson and Ken was one of the teams mechanics and as you say wheel builder. They are going to dig out some photos which I will hopefully post.

wisdom

Guru
Picked this up yesterday given it a quick clean oiled and freed off a few things.Pumped up the tyres There is some rust on the rims.It will get a thorough going over in time.Think it would be handy for nipping to the shops and leave the best bikes safely at home so I dont have to worry about leaving them locked up whilst I nip in.
Everyone should have a raleigh in the stable.

Attachments

• 20150605_182957.jpg
    20150605_182957.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150605_183006.jpg
    20150605_183006.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 69

Cold Snail

Über Member
I was thinking of building up a purpose built bike for winter Audax use, but decided to chuck £50 worth of bits (mudguards and a Spa Nidd saddle) at my 1981 Raleigh Magnum instead.
This photo was taken yesterday at Dungeness (approx 25 miles in on a 64 mile ride) and I thought I would be in a world of pain breaking in the brand new saddle, but it was so comfortable, I barely noticed it.
2015-06-06%2011.26.05%20copy.jpg

Top Bottom