Sick-note sign in thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And here is something I have not seen in more than two decades, people allowed on the pitch at half time to play.
full?d=1438706363.jpg

I was at the Oval in October 1998 when Aussie Rules was played there between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn, and during the two intervals the crowd (which was large) was allowed onto the field and dozens of mini games of 'footy' broke out amongst the spectators - 99%, I'd guess, being Aussies. It was a great day.

TVC

That sounds like me but in reverse, horrible flu-type thing in June followed by a chest infection, a few weeks of getting back to health and then hit with this tummy bug.
Feels like I've been ill most of the summer.
When Hopless said you were a sick puppy I didn't realise this is what she meant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Funnily enough we were part of an HR survey today

HR rang me up and asked how many days I was off sick in the last year, and when my last sickness absence was

I almost heard the phone drop when I said 1998

I'm normally like that, for me to need time of is usually as rare as hens teeth. Unfortunately I've now had two of these upsets, one in December and one now, so thats that out the window.

midlife

Guru
I was last off sick in 2001 with chicken pox, got it in my 2 week summer hols and they just said tough luck. They have told me if I can't do my job because of illness, infirmity or age they will get rid of me!

Funny that my employers have can average sickness rate of 14.8 days per person per year ....

Shaun

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I'm normally like that, for me to need time of is usually as rare as hens teeth. Unfortunately I've now had two of these upsets, one in December and one now, so thats that out the window.
Same here, even though I knew I wasn't really well enough to work I still went in, lasted two hours before having to give in and go home.
Still feel bad as it's the first time I've been sick since I started this job last April.

D

Deleted member 1258

Same here, even though I knew I wasn't really well enough to work I still went in, lasted two hours before having to give in and go home.
Still feel bad as it's the first time I've been sick since I started this job last April.

Theres a cautionary tale about this. My Step Daughter is one of those that's normally never sick, when she was ill earlier this year she kept working till she was that ill they sent her home, she then tried to sit it out at home. We got the call Saturday tea time saying she was in the back of an ambulance on her way to hospital. She had appendicitis and had complications because she had left it so long, two weeks in hospital, a total of six weeks off, she was convalescing with us for three weeks.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Yep currently off. Double fracture of femur through bike accident at the beginning of July. Peed off now and going to be on crutches to at least the 25th of this month.
Trying to find the right time to suggest to Mrs B that getting back on my bike will supplement physio, even if she has to tail me in her car.:smile:
Biggest downside is, if I do come off and damage the metalwork now residing in my leg and/or the surgeon's work, I am going to be in a massive pile of domestic poo.:sad:

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
My doctor says that my wrist is officially buggered and that, in his opinion, I need to be on some sort of disability benefit :ohmy:
I can make tea and do my laces up, ride a bike, play guitar and drive. I don't want to be pensioned off quite yet, thank you.

However, it's very difficult finding a proper job when your right wrist is stuffed up.
If you lived closer I would give you a job. I need a really "spirited" lady to put some engineers back in their respective boxes and damn well keep them there.

You would be perfect.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Yep currently off. Double fracture of femur through bike accident at the beginning of July. Peed off now and going to be on crutches to at least the 25th of this month.
Trying to find the right time to suggest to Mrs B that getting back on my bike will supplement physio, even if she has to tail me in her car.:smile:
Biggest downside is, if I do come off and damage the metalwork now residing in my leg and/or the surgeon's work, I am going to be in a massive pile of domestic poo.:sad:
Ouch, suddenly my problems don't seem quite so bad, get well soon Bazzer.

Top Bottom