Signs of aging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

tyred said:
And what happens if like me, you don't listen to BBC radio at all?

Do any of the stations you listen to have "melody" or "original" in their name? If so, it's all over. :hyper:

postman

Legendary Member
Joined a fabulous group of cyclists--AUTUMN TINTS.

How's that for a name?

Super bunch of older cyclists.

Bus pass next year.

nilling

Über Member
The Velvet Curtain said:
When I see a girl in her early twenties wearing a short skirt, pert breasts and a perfect smile walking down the road with her mother - I look at the mother.

+1 classic :laugh:

But for me it's when my 11yr old daughter listens to Radio 1, only for me to tell her that this 'new' song is merely a sample of an older one, then I remember when it was first released ;)

sw3008

Guru
The main thing I've found is that I shout at the News.

I get some funny looks from the Wife & Kids.

I've also had to stop watching the soaps as I keep on asking "who's he then ?", "when did he come into it ?" or "I thought he was dead!" Apparently, I can be quite irritating..

I've also noticed that all the music I liked has come back into fashion, so I must be "really" old !!

Ranger

Working an IPod is completly beyond me:blush:

I press buttons at random in the hope something will happen, exactly the same tactic my Dad has employed since the 1980's when we got our first video

sw3008

Guru
Ranger said:
Working an IPod is completly beyond me:blush:

Not that bad yet - I'm the gadget meister in our house.

Does come to something when my wife asks my 15 year old daughter how to fix her laptop & I'm the one who works in IT.

Is this getting old or just a general lack of trust ?

just jim

I too have listened to Radio 4 since my early twenties!!!!!!
Stewart Lee seems to sum a lot of it up for me at the moment. Anyone seen his "Comedy Vehicle" yet?

This is a bit O.T but did anyone notice John Humphries nearly corpsing on Today after the "Pollock fish being renamed by a leading supermarket" item?

gbb

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Can't be bothered to read back and see if anybody else has posted this but..... the worst consequence of ageing is the post-urination dribble. No matter how hard you shake it, wring its neck, beat it on the porcelain, a few CCs always wait up there and dribble out as you walk back to your desk or settle back down in bed. Horrible.

I'll consider myself lucky then...after an accident at 20, i dribbled like that for years :rolleyes:. It dawned on me last year (after almost 30 years)...i dont do it anymore :biggrin:
Just hope it doesnt start again due to age at 51 then :rofl:

I read stuff under my glasses, in fact quite often I perch them on top of my head. My beard is mostly grey in contrast to my black hair but recently I've noticed the beard is advancing North. I shall soon resemble my father.

Crackle said:
I read stuff under my glasses, in fact quite often I perch them on top of my head. My beard is mostly grey in contrast to my black hair but recently I've noticed the beard is advancing North. I shall soon resemble my father.
Wait until it joins forces with yer nose hair and ear hair. You'll look like a shrub.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Flyingfox said:
You saw 'Spandau', 'Duran Duran' etc the first time around & have the albums.

I'm just about old enough to have done that, but frankly I rather circumcise myself with a cheese grater.

Top Bottom