FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's far too early for a reliable forecast given the changeability at the moment. According to the Met Office's synpotic maps, at the moment the front which will eventually drop some rain on us is just off the coast of Baffin Island. It'll be here at some stage between Thursday morning and Friday night.

StuartG

slower but further
Given possible Götterdämmerung conditions do we go on DZ style regardless humming a happy tune with possibly an extra pair of dry gloves for the wimps or repair to the nearest hostelry forthwith? A hint of the new leadership's decision space would be helpful.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Dear fellow Fridays,

With just under 72 hrs until our departure on the first FNRttC ride of 2016 we now have 75 people signed up.

Apologies for not including the link to the new route in my last email but for those who like to know where they will be cycling please use this link to view the route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12587091

Though the route is urban and functional to the halfway stop at the Services at Junction 31 of the M25. Once we leave we will be exploring new lanes and delights as we head north towards almost Stock before we start heading south again to Southend.

Once in Southend we will be visiting Beaches Bistro http://www.beachesbarbistro.co.uk/ as the new breakfast stop which could be a rival to Waterfront in Whitstable for sea views with the added bonus of beer being available for those who feel the need from our arrival.

Sadly the Norwegians are forecasting the possibility of periods of rain in the early hours of Friday morning around Rayleigh but this still a long term forecast so fingers crossed that things will improve. http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Rayleigh/long.html

As Beaches Bistro are opening early especially for us can ask that anyone who decides that the ride is no longer for them could they please reply to this email by putting the words 'No Thanks' in title by lunchtime on Wednesday so I can let them know approximate numbers.

Looking forward to seeing you all at 11,45pm on Thursday night by the Arch in the middle of Hyde Park Corner

Titus

Southend Ride Leader.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

The current riders and runners in the order they registered online before anyone asks.......

mmmmartin
trickedem
AkaBob
rb58
ianrauk
StuAff
Adrian
TMN
David P
Martin S
Rapid mathman
AKA Hotlips
David E
Mr Orange
e6Pete
Save No Souls
velovoice
Jellied eel
BromyG
Anne H
Mice
DancingDad
Thomas M
gerwinium
Charlotte
newfhouse
Greg S
John M
nigel182
Joanne C
User482
topcat1
James H
Pavel Z
James R
Nicolas C
Andy B
martint235
Christopher B
Adrian M
Flying Dodo
Adrian H
Ray L
stuartg
swarm_catcher
RichardGibson
Brian P
Louise M
srw
Mr Blue
Howard K
Fergs
Ian W
Andy84
CharlieB
Markst1
ianmac62
Mehmet
saoirse50
Eatsleapriderepeat
alexb
elbow_patches
arallsopp
Pauljwebb
Stefanjwebb
Wowbagger
Tim W
Mistral
Wanda2010
SteveF63
John L
DaveJ
Topcat2

Fergs

Guru
Hamstring says 'no', so I'll have to give the ride a miss. Gutted, 'cos I was really looking forward to my first Friday, but I hope to be back for Whitstable

The current riders and runners in the order they registered online before anyone asks.......

mmmmartin
trickedem
AkaBob
rb58
ianrauk
StuAff
Adrian
TMN
David P
Martin S
Rapid mathman
AKA Hotlips
David E
Mr Orange
e6Pete
Save No Souls
velovoice
Jellied eel
BromyG
Anne H
Mice
DancingDad
Thomas M
gerwinium
Charlotte
newfhouse
Greg S
John M
nigel182
Joanne C
User482
topcat1
James H
Pavel Z
James R
Nicolas C
Andy B
martint235
Christopher B
Adrian M
Flying Dodo
Adrian H
Ray L
stuartg
swarm_catcher
RichardGibson
Brian P
Louise M
srw
Mr Blue
Howard K
Fergs
Ian W
Andy84
CharlieB
Markst1
ianmac62
Mehmet
saoirse50
Eatsleapriderepeat
alexb
elbow_patches
arallsopp
Pauljwebb
Stefanjwebb
Wowbagger
Tim W
Mistral
Wanda2010
SteveF63
John L
DaveJ
Topcat2

What a lovely group of people!! :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
@User482 won't be joining us, as he posted upthread....

Rack now fitted to the Litespeed, will do the job nicely for this year's adventures. @AKA Bob do you want an SMS on Thursday night to confirm when I'm on my way, in which case I'll need your mobile number? And do you have a rendezvous point in mind for me or shall I just catch up the ride wherever.. scheduled time into Waterloo 0033

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

@User482 won't be joining us, as he posted upthread....

Rack now fitted to the Litespeed, will do the job nicely for this year's adventures. @AKA Bob do you want an SMS on Thursday night to confirm when I'm on my way, in which case I'll need your mobile number? And do you have a rendezvous point in mind for me or shall I just catch up the ride wherever.. scheduled time into Waterloo 0033

I imagine we will in the City by the time your train arrives so please catch us up. Will text you my number

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I imagine we will in the City by the time your train arrives so please catch us up. Will text you my number
Ta. Will do.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Given possible Götterdämmerung conditions .
Er, @StuartG - have been drinking the diesel oil again?
Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but in my book, 6 degrees, a slight southerly wind and no rain do not constitute Götterdämmerung conditions.
Minus 7, or a 30kph headwind on a Dutch seadyke for a whole afternoon, or torrents of ice-cold rain coming down the hill into Brighton - maybe.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
We'll I would guess you would be home far earlier then Saturday.
oops - yes, numptitude confirmed.
Friday morning better in my book - looks like a stronger following wind than for Saturday, which matters more than possibility of light rain.

Top Bottom