Spring ride Rutland Sun 14th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes probably on fixed, the geared is still in bits waiting to be rebuilt.
Can I ride gears then and make myself look quick? Cancel that thought swmbo will be there :rolleyes:
Well i might be able to prove to some forum members other than TF that I actually exist.. I have a leave pass!
I might call the press.
Moving quickly on, we would like to say a public thank you to oldfatfool for the excellent company of his better half, 4 lovely dogs and a very big piece of chocolate cake. The drive back was bearable but we always breathe a sigh of relief when we turn off the A1 and on to the deserted roads of Rutland.

Just pm you TF. I'm in.....yey!!!!
Please can you arrange plenty of :sun: and none of :cold:

DrP...I'm thinking about those cakes!

Just pm you TF. I'm in.....yey!!!!
Please can you arrange plenty of :sun: and none of :cold:

DrP...I'm thinking about those cakes!

Your room is ready
banana.gif

I can't promise sun but as I said earlier, I don't care so long as we lose that cold easterly wind and it's looking good. The list so far:

totallyfixed [currently doing a fine impression of Mr Blobby]
dr_pink [plus 1 lady friend specifically brought in for Vikeonabike, bet that's got him worried]
kiwi-Sal [on her 3rd or 4th trip to stay with us from God's county]
HLaB [who might be persuaded to ride fixed?]
dave r [mr reliable]
oldfatfool [going to show off his new bike which we got a look at yesterday - very nice]
4F [our first ever forum rider and now a racing snake]
Vikeonabike [brought in to provide order {not a hope in hell
hysterical.gif
} ]

If the forecast is wet, we still intend to go ride and as some of you are travelling considerable distances feel free to bring a change of clothes and / or a towel.
Start as usual from Oakham station, I'll leave it to 4F and oldfatfool whether 9.30 is acceptable as they are coming the furthest on the day.
Really looking forward to this one [I have a new bike, it has gears ]

berty bassett

Legendary Member
cheers ! if you do think of a route it would be nice to tag along - might even drive up and meet at start if thats ok with all

cheers ! if you do think of a route it would be nice to tag along - might even drive up and meet at start if thats ok with all
The problem, if you can call it a problem with this area is the sheer number of country lanes to choose from, so I tend to wait and see what direction the wind is coming from and make it up as I go along accordingly. It's quite fun leading a ride when no one else knows where they are! If you are into wildlife expect to see Red Kites [plural] Buzzards and if we go in that direction an Osprey or two
Gives us an idea of route/ length and I could consider but the steel tank is twice the weight of my geared bike!
No idea, but given the mega miles you do at the speeds you do I think you need a heavier bike. Three of us will be going slow on fixed going slower downhill than anyone else, although thinking about it given my new Mr Blobby status I might be descending quicker than usual.

although thinking about it given my new Mr Blobby status I might be descending quicker than usual.
Technique and guts (of the courage kind) has more to do with it than weight unfortunately I've neither; The best descenders I know are smaller than me and when I tuck in I can freewheel past most but when it becomes technical, being a wuss I drop back ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Gives us an idea of route/ length and I could consider but the steel tank is twice the weight of my geared bike!

tsk, I will be doing it on fixed and can guarantee I will be carrying "a few more kilo's" than you. Rule 5....

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Start as usual from Oakham station, I'll leave it to 4F and oldfatfool whether 9.30 is acceptable as they are coming the furthest on the day.

10 would be better for me (07:30 departure) as I am working until 10 the night before.

Top Bottom