Spring ride Rutland Sun 14th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ask fossy for help with the route :whistle:
Unforgettable, I could use other words but there might be children present.
I have and it hurt like hell :cry: , looking forward to the next one ^_^
That was then, easy peasy this time, you should ask potsy to explain about "fixed friendly"
hysterical.gif

Actually seven of us have a fixed gear bike, I would say that is fairly unusual for a forum ride where fixed isn't specified, dr_pink may not be on her pink fixed if the weather is dry as she is racing on the Saturday so Sunday will be a recovery ride. For the future though I might run a 100 mile fixed ride and see if there are any takers, could be the first ever 100 mile fixed forum ride?
I wont be on fixed next weekend but I should be there. I should be OK (physically but sanity wise :wacko: ;)) for a fix century at a later date if things get sorted.

Bump. Just noticed we had slipped off the front page. It looks as though we are going to get much higher temps at the weekend and a southerly wind, if that is the case it is likely we will be heading south and coming back with a tailwind. This does mean however that it will be a tad more hilly but more scenic :smile:,
I will still be on fixed but I don't expect everyone will want to, I will cut out as much of the lumpier stuff as possible, anyway I expect to be suffering the most :blush:.

D

Deleted member 1258

then you wont be suffering alone, I've changed my mind and I am planning to bring the fixed, the fixed now has a 68 inch gear on it, when I replaced the chain I put a bigger chain ring on it, I'm now running 46x18 instead of 44x18.

Reactions: 4F
then you wont be suffering alone, I've changed my mind and I am planning to bring the fixed, the fixed now has a 68 inch gear on it, when I replaced the chain I put a bigger chain ring on it, I'm now running 46x18 instead of 44x18.
Well if I can get up them on 50 x 18 then a young man like you will fly up them :whistle: , whilst the youngest [I think] is coming on gears, methinks someone will be waiting for us on every hill, then again if dr_pink is recovered and comes out to play on her new bike............

My only downer is that I need to be away by 4pm driving back. So not sure where exactly these hills are but if possible can we not be so far from the house by say 3.30pm so I can swing back early and get off. This will allow everyone to still carry on in this beautiful sunshine you have planned :smile:

oldfatfool [going to show off his new bike which we got a look at yesterday - very nice]

Or, unfortunately not. Just been in touch with SUK and the new motor as been stuck on a dock in N.Germany since 04/04 and due to bad storms nothing was shipped out for 3.5 weeks (alledgedly) so they can only tell me it should be on a boat buy the 23rd, so pissed off to say the least.

On the bright side by folding the Giant I can just about wedge it in swmbo's C1 so Dr. Pink doesn't get out of baking duties that easily. See you around 9.30 at the Station:hello:

Or, unfortunately not. Just been in touch with SUK and the new motor as been stuck on a dock in N.Germany since 04/04 and due to bad storms nothing was shipped out for 3.5 weeks (alledgedly) so they can only tell me it should be on a boat buy the 23rd, so ****ed off to say the least.

On the bright side by folding the Giant I can just about wedge it in swmbo's C1 so Dr. Pink doesn't get out of baking duties that easily. See you around 9.30 at the Station:hello:

Great news, but does that mean you will now have to set off on Friday
ChinScratch.gif
On another note, it looks as though there is a probability that it will be warm enough here [high teens] to get the white legs out, scary stuff.

D

Deleted member 1258

Great news, but does that mean you will now have to set off on Friday
ChinScratch.gif
On another note, it looks as though there is a probability that it will be warm enough here [high teens] to get the white legs out, scary stuff.

Is everybody ready for the sight of me in shorts? ^_^

Top Bottom