Strictly 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I know her dancing is terrible but I just had to vote for Judy this week on the emotional manipulation that her sons will be in the audience next week to see her. Yes, I know, I've been had...

suzeworld

Veteran
Scott mill's song lyrics:
I get a little bit nervous... A little bit terrified ... I fall apart!!!

Scott mill's face totally mirroring the lyrics! Jeez. Poor little lamb.

Think he really is the exception to the rule that anyone can be taught to dance (Craig)!!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It was on in the background last week as i was merrily emptying a bottle of red wine , after a hour of watching winklewhiner seeing how wide she could open her mouth while looking through her fringe i thought this must soon be finished - NO another hour and 10 minutes left !!! there is no way it deserves 2hrs and more of prime saturday night viewing . i went and got another bottle !

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I totally agree with the clapping comments. This video explains quite concisely why audiences clapping along makes a production sound so naff.
I went to a Big Country gig in Bristol (when they were well in to the downward slide of their popularity) where the singer stopped everything and attempted to teach the audience how to clap along before starting up again.

stephec

Legendary Member
It was on in the background last week as i was merrily emptying a bottle of red wine , after a hour of watching winklewhiner seeing how wide she could open her mouth while looking through her fringe i thought this must soon be finished - NO another hour and 10 minutes left !!! there is no way it deserves 2hrs and more of prime saturday night viewing . i went and got another bottle and slung it through the screen!

There you go, much better. :biggrin:

Boo

Über Member
Mrs Boo converted me to the joys of SCD some years ago. She starts looking forward to it about mid-August, and while I tend to prefer the fuller female figure, I can appreciate the ladies from both a skill and aesthetic point of view.

But thank all that is holy that they've finally got rid of Bruce Forsyth! Yes he was a legend back in the day, but it was just getting to be 'all about me' for the past couple of years. That and his inability to cope with live TV.
Just need to get rid of Tess 'dead behind the eyes' Daly now, although to give her her due, she's better now she's not having to be on alert for a Brucie breakdown all the time. Give it a year or two and then have Anton and Claudia as the dream team.
Claudia's a joy - a little bundle of absolute mentalness in an otherwise by-the-numbers prog.

It might be a little tired now, and they might be running out of big names to take part, but it's an order of magnitude better than the godawful 'karaoke singers with sob stories' tripe that ITV have been peddling for the last 100 years or so.

And don't knock 'It Takes Two'!! Zoe's a pretty good replacement for Claudia, and we love the manicness of the thing. How they pack so much into 30 mins I do not know.
Also, I have a massive crush on Vicky Gill, the dress designer, who has a Thursday night slot, but don't tell Mrs Boo!

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Seeing as there are negative comments from non football fans on the football thread i'll stick a negative comment from a non ballroom dancing fan on here.

Pffaa! Male ballroom dancers...what a bunch of nancy boys!! :thumbsdown:
Yeah, but where do you find more lovely ladies, a footie match, or a Latin American and Ballroom class?

Top Bottom