Subway or Greggs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ianrauk said:
Greggs everytime, oooh their sausage rolls are glorious
For some reason I really don't like the weird smells that eminate from Subway shops.

I thought that too until someone told me what that pink stuff inside the pastry was.

Theres a good reason why they're so cheap.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
cheadle hulme said:
I thought that too until someone told me what that pink stuff inside the pastry was.

Theres a good reason why they're so cheap.

And what is the pink stuff in the pastry?
Is this going to be another story, like the one about McD's and its mayonnaise?
Someone at school reckons a girl she knows got an STD in her mouth because a manager fiddled in the mayonnaise. Yeh, bollocks, she sucked some dirty guys todger and got it, but thought she would blame MC D's instead.

snorri

Legendary Member
Wigsie said:
Don't get Greggs near me, in fact I have never seen one in real life... Are they not for those folk ooop north that like to deep fry mars bars in chip shops?
No, never seen them in the northern latitudes, I thought they were a southern thing, but then the deep fried mars bars seem to tickle southern palates too.:welcome:

wafflycat

Paulus said:
Waffly, please explain. What is a Stottie?

A stottie cake is a type of white bread. Round, no more than an inch to two inches thick. Traditional Geordie bread, the finest examples are those produced by Greggs, who have the crust just right to the soft insides. Nowhere else makes them quite the same.

http://seabreezes.typepad.com/sea_breezes/2008/10/pinacalty-pease-pudding-and-stotties.html

I frequently make my own ham and pease pudding, but down here in 'Forn Parts, I can't get any proper stotties.

tordis

I like Subway more - I'm addicted to their Italian herb bread. Plus, they tend to do some good offers.

Joe24

The people working in subway today were complete idiots, you cant jump the gun on question.
"hi, can i have 2 footlong herb and cheese, chicken and cheese in both, and have them toasted"
"what would you like in the herb and cheese"
:welcome::headshake::smile::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Joe24

cheadle hulme said:
I can't find the link anymore, but they list them as 12% meat, 22% pastry.

The remainder comes from an various animals, but it ain't meat.

Rubbish.
Did anyone else find that when the VAT changed, Greggs prices went up by a decent amount, but they had big signs saying about the change in VAT:wacko:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
snorri said:
No, never seen them in the northern latitudes, I thought they were a southern thing, but then the deep fried mars bars seem to tickle southern palates too.:cursing:

:smile::ohmy: How very dare you! I have been into many a fish and chip shop in southern regions and never a battered Mars bar in sight. People that engage in such wickedness should be strung up! xx(:welcome:

AllThatJazz!

Wigsie said:
:bicycle::ohmy: How very dare you! I have been into many a fish and chip shop in southern regions and never a battered Mars bar in sight. People that engage in such wickedness should be strung up! xx(:bicycle:

I cannot say I have found a battered Mars bar up North in Manchester either.

I can say we have some of the finest chippies.. and the chinese takeways are just divine around here. :bicycle:

AllThatJazz!

By the way.. my husband's an accountant/ He tells me that there are some really stupid rules about VAT and cold chips versus hot chips.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
AllThatJazz! said:
I cannot say I have found a battered Mars bar up North in Manchester either.

I can say we have some of the finest chippies.. and the chinese takeways are just divine around here. :bicycle:

Is it a myth then? made up to stop southerners going north?

Top Bottom