TDF = watching in Yorkshire..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great morning in Aysgarth / Hawes, pretty moist afternoon in Swaledale and down towards Masham. Some very soggy cyclists around looking pretty miserable toward the end of the afternoon, felt sorry for them, but quite glad I wasn't out in it!

Have to say, the biggest concentration of poor riding and lack of regard for other road users I've seen in a long time as well, sadly.
Have you done a l2b recently?

Got the best spot at the front right on the finish line in harrogate
20140705_064949.jpg
thats my mate dave on the finish line

NorvernRob

Hmm, been for a recce today and the spot we were thinking of watching from is a lot more overgrown than it was, meaning we'd have to stand further down the hill which isn't ideal.

There was a sportive on though and we did see two people fall off, they came around the bend probably not expecting a 20% hill, got the gears wrong and fell sideways. Loads of people walking up it too, though it isn't that bad.

Seriously considering riding over to Holme Moss and watching it there.

Adam4868

Guru
Ok sorry to ask for the millionth time ! Was going to drive over from preston way with kids tommorow,maybe through trough of bowland,settle then on to yorkshire.Any heads up on where to park up and walk/bus/ to see anything.Sorry useless on planning

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well i wasn't too fussed about going to watch, but next door talked me into going to Ilkley with him today & it was a great day. There was a good atmosphere & a buzz around the place & I'm glad I went now. Off to York to see the start before work tomorrow ^_^

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Went to ilkley and watched this morning then cycled back to Harrogate via Otley, the Otley to Harrogate Road was packed with cyclists as far as the eye could see.

Once I had been home and had my lunch I then cycled over to Killinghall just outside Harrogate ( there is a bike path just down the road from my house that goes straight to it ) for them coming back and got a video

Once they had gone past everyone got to ride down the closed roads into Harrogate I have never seen so many bikes trying to get into Harrogate ever

P1040164_zpsb6d65554.jpg

Going over to the York to Harrogate road tomorrow morning to see them again.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
What a day we had at the buttertubs pass yesterday, one of the best days I've ever had, we were up from half 3 to get to Hawes from Kendal, had a wee sleep in the car once in hawes, then had breakfast in hawes, then we walked up the pass, what am experience we had, we were standing just before the cattle grid so we were right in the middle of the mayhem, didn't expect it to be that warm and I've ended up being burnt silly, ended up a bit drink and done somersaults when I sat on my seat the wrong way...next up Holme moss

Hawes is such a pretty little town, but the roads we had to drive to get to hawes were crazy

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Setting off Holme Moss bound in a min. Weather looks a bit more Yorkshire today!

Just been outside fettling the MTB for some cross field TDF watching activity later this morning and it is boiling hot already here in Harrogate :sun:

Mike_P

Guru
Once they had gone past everyone got to ride down the closed roads into Harrogate I have never seen so many bikes trying to get into Harrogate ever]
Watched it 8.8km up the Ripon Road, tried to turn westwards at Ripley but never saw a gap in the barriers so I took the cycle route, then downhill on the A59 and then found a couple of gaps in the barriers to the north of your photo in order to get across Ripon Road. The no cycling rule was enforced by pair of police motorbikes approx 30 minutes befire the cyclists not the caravanette

Im in harrogate now drove from wigan this afternoon. A bit ****ed off as there is no official t de f merchandise on sale only available on line :cry:

what a fantastic day in harrogate yesterday , right on the finish line, i was questioned by a reporter from the yorkshire post and later on filmed by sky sports , usual questions ,what time did you get here , who do you expect to see win today etc(well i got that one wrong), brilliant crowd, great racing , and i did manage to find the official merch stand and get the shirt i wanted. ^_^

Top Bottom