Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Do you all ride variable resistance or erg?

TobiC, do you ride dressed like that? Ideal Olympic road race descending kit!
Also may limit car driver/cyclist road rage if one looks like that.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Bill I don't think you can actually count my ride, altered weight

It is here 39.56.@320W

I'm sure that in the Velodrome, as you said, the weight would make no measurable difference at all. All down to watts!

I watched Bill doing short stints at 800+ watts to gain another lap on the field, very impressive.

Geoff

TobiC

Regular
TobiC, do you ride dressed like that? Ideal Olympic road race descending kit!
Also may limit car driver/cyclist road rage if one looks like that.
This is my tt outfit

BILL S

Guru
I watched Bill doing short stints at 800+ watts to gain another lap on the field

Good of you to say Geoff, however I think we can all agree now that velodrome watts aren't quite equal to real watts. At the time I had accepted that I'd not be beating my Thursday time so was getting a rest drafting with the guys then getting in a few sprints in between. Had I been trying for the best time I'd have probably been looking to make a steady 400 watts (indicated).
Also, on Thursdays velodrome ride bkool put me from pro2 to pro7 so watts are definitely far from being equal on different rides for equal effort.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:rofl::rofl:
I'm sorry but I find this funny in an ' I'm an idiot' kind of way. I was looking at the results for the first chaingang stage and glance over to the distance column, you know where this is going don't you :blush:. I see that @Whorty has gone 4 times as far as I have but only took 1 minute longer and I think 'wtf, how did he do that' :huh:. It then dawns on me these are the dummy distances and they are in feet :banghead::banghead:.

I'll get my coat. :surrender:.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
:rofl::rofl:
I'm sorry but I find this funny in an ' I'm an idiot' kind of way. I was looking at the results for the first chaingang stage and glance over to the distance column, you know where this is going don't you :blush:. I see that @Whorty has gone 4 times as far as I have but only took 1 minute longer and I think 'wtf, how did he do that' :huh:. It then dawns on me these are the dummy distances and they are in feet :banghead::banghead:.

I'll get my coat. :surrender:.

I was wondering if anyone would challenge the dummy run from the league, rather than the velodrome result, and how long it would take them to figure it out, but you were all far too clever for that! ;)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ok I've had a play with the source devices that bsim uses to change the readings. I've used the same hrm and cadence sensor. I also left my weight as it currently is, 128kg, on both sessions.

The first one was a classic trainer as the main source, I also did a short warmup on this one.
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/2882596

The second was using vectors to provide power.
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/2882686

The first session had all the normal resistance changes and the quirkiness I've come to expect on over 6% gradients.
The second looks very similar up until the 1.5km then it goes into real life mode. The vector power I put out is displayed and on the bike the wheel speed was somewhere near 25mph, but bsim shows the speed as what it probably would be 3-4mph.

For me, with a classic on fw 2.06 iirc, it is not worth using power meters to control bsim. Somebody with a lighter weight it may be beneficial, however, the session completed will not be included in any standings outside of you own list (a pop up box appears telling you this).

Last edited:
Top Bottom