The Armstrong Lie

Did LA dope in 2009?

• Yes

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
Not that I can see. Maybe the ignore function removes that for me.
It does.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
No you're right but it's still doping, blood doping is the commonly used term. You don't necessarily need to use drugs to dope.

Ah, OK, I honestly didn't know that. I assumed it was the use of drugs because of the dope reference. Thanks for the clarification!

Does Noodley still use the forums?

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
No, I don't think he did. He was asked about it and he said "trust me,I didn't" :whistle:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Watched the program last night. A really good insight, even after reading various books.

I find him fascinating. He has, or had, so much drive and self belief - making him an ideal athlete, but with a screw loose in the moral scruple department. If he hadn't been an athlete he could have ended up as a gang boss, or the CEO of a multinational, or a successful politician. Certainly not an ordiary Joe.

If he hadn't happened to turn up at the right time to ride the wave of emerging methods of oxygen vector doping, it's entirely possible he could have become a genuinely great cyclist but I'll bet he could never have become an uncontroversial one.

Betsy and Frankie Andreu made me laugh, how they came over. She's so smart and focused and he seems to be a complete dork. I can just imagine him getting back to the Andreu household ... Betsy: You sold the cow for beans?? Frankie: But they're magic beans, Betsy.

Betsy and Frankie Andreu made me laugh, how they came over. She's so smart and focused and he seems to be a complete dork. I can just imagine him getting back to the Andreu household ... Betsy: You sold the cow for beans?? Frankie: But they're magic beans, Betsy.

:laugh:

Betsy is some woman. I wouldn't want to be on her wrong side.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The guy is a nasty bastid. No-one else has damaged cycling like he has. Not an inspiration. I'd personally shove a stick through his front wheels. Nothing more than a dirty rotten lying cheat.

Good riddance !

Top Bottom