The Armstrong Lie

Did LA dope in 2009?

• Yes

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Presumably anyone recovering from cancer treatment using prescribed substances or practices as part of their recovery programme, which are banned by the cycling ruling body, would not be able to take part in any sporting event,

Armstrong should have been open about what he was taking as part of his cancer recovery- he wasn't and so the lies and corruption deepened.

BSRU

A Human Being
Yes and no one realises the man had Testicular cancer ....What a guy and a role model whatever the doping situation....
Is that Lance:scratch:

U

User169

BUT
I think within the next 10 - 15 years Armstrong will again be recognised as a great cyclist who won 7 TDF's, not officially.

There's not much one can say to counter this amount of lunacy!

Lets face it, LA has won the same number of TdFs as most of us here: zero.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I agree with you but don't think Armstrong will fade away, the man will slowly but surely regain some "fame" to most of the world he cheaped at racing his bike, which they will find forgivable, sports stars from much much bigger sports in Amercia have bounced back from notoriety, to me its an inevitability like it or not.....

Infamous more like.

U

User169

I agree with you but don't think Armstrong will fade away, the man will slowly but surely regain some "fame" to most of the world he cheaped at racing his bike, which they will find forgivable, sports stars from much much bigger sports in Amercia have bounced back from notoriety, to me its an inevitability like it or not.....

OK. I see what you're saying now, but I still hope youre wrong!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not so sure, in the small world of cycling yes, in the world of celebrity maybe not,

Most of my work colleagues know who LA is and his story. Not one of them is a cyclist and has an interest in cycling. Ask them to name other cyclists they name Cav and Wiggins and that's it.
How many times over the years have you been shouted 'oi Lance' by a ped? I have lost count.

tigger

Über Member
Of course he did. As did Schleck and Contador. Which means Wiggo was the true winner (assuming he was clean of course!!!)

Most of my work colleagues know who LA is and his story. Not one of them is a cyclist and has an interest in cycling. Ask them to name other cyclists they name Cav and Wiggins and that's it.
How many times over the years have you been shouted 'oi Lance' by a ped? I have lost count.
Not once yet, is it a rite of passage?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
but do they really care what he did, most don't, and in America they are much more "forgivening" I couldn't think of another word.... as I've said I think its an inevitability....

Not that they care rather then they know.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't think he has done any real lasting damage, most people think cycling is/was dirty, yet millions turned out to watch the TDF in England irrespective of Armstrong and his doping...its done, gone, most people just don't care about Armstrong or the other dopers of the past..
BUT
I think within the next 10 - 15 years Armstrong will again be recognised as a great cyclist who won 7 TDF's, not officially, the fact he is an American will help alot and the character of the man, I just can't see him fading away into obscurity, even this film has change many peoples views on him..

Not by me he won't. Lying cheat.

Top Bottom