The cult of 'ME'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
We have asked Japanese people, serious looking types, and they just think it makes people look happy and as if they are having fun.

Reactions: TVC

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Your member?

Sorry, forgive my grammar. I meant: you're a member?
Kudos for your post being #69.

69.png

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
On the subject of a bloated sense of ones self.... Thinking back, we had friends that were remarkably self obsessed, he a Falklands veteran was very full of himself, but ok, she just had to command conversations..it used to be fun just getting a word in sometimes. Good friends though if you accepted their 'failings'. He passed away, shes still a good friend but they say apples dont fall far from the tree...their two boys, now men are equally, if not more self obsessed...one I learned the other day told his mum she isnt allowed to post anything on his facebook...she can 'like' him..but NOT post anything. Probably scared she'll ruin his image.
Hes not a selfie man..but shes reaped what she's sown for sure.

...heh heh, you guys gotta see the level it's descended to over this way. Asians in general are obsessed with mobile phones, so the whole selfie thing has become so ingrained it's unreal. I'm lucky enough to get round some beautiful parts of this country, and on a recent trip atop a high mountain, I swear I was the only one enjoying the view with my own eyes, not through a camera lens. I guess it's really just an extension of sending postcards to prove you've been somewhere, now you have to prove it by loading all this stuff on Facebook or whatever. Oh well, that's progress for you........:sad:

Reactions: gbb

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Didn't taking pictures of yourself used to be seen as sad and tragic, i.e. You were a 'Billy no mates' with nobody to take your picture for you, and nobody to share things with?? Either that or you were so vain it was pathetic!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was thinking about this topic and it occurred to me that I wouldn't have seen what a number of this forum look like if the hadn't taken photos of themselves. I guess it depends on the context of the photo. I'd be bored if that was the only thing they posted. Equally only a handful of my great grandparents generation were able to have their photos taken and I appreciate those photos.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was thinking about this topic and it occurred to me that I wouldn't have seen what a number of this forum look like if the hadn't taken photos of themselves. I guess it depends on the context of the photo. I'd be bored if that was the only thing they posted. Equally only a handful of my great grandparents generation were able to have their photos taken and I appreciate those photos.

Ah yes, but I know that taking a picture of myself is sad and tragic, so it is done 'ironically'.

Most people don't though!! :whistle:

Top Bottom