The Football Transfers Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I know some members follow football so here is a place to chat about what players might be signed before the current transfer window closes.

I start with Man Ute.
I hope the signing of Sergio Ramos goes through, we need at least one central defender.
If the papers are to be believed, it is about time Man Ute stood firmly and don't sell David de Gea for a penny less than £35M. He is going to be the best GK in the world one day.

The player I would not like to see at Man Ute is Raheem Sterking, I think he would be trouble next time the club need to extend his contract.... we don't need another Rooney like player.

howard2107

I would like to see Lionel Messi and a decent goalkeeper sign for Bradford City, but we will have to make do with some has been from Blackpool, and someone who fell from grace at Blackburn, went to Fleetwood and now we've got him. On the plus side, my season ticket was only £149, so mustn't expect the world. We need to leave well alone in the cups, and concentrate on getting out of league 1. I want Bournemouth to win the Premier League.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I want Bournemouth to win the Premier League.

The last time I went to see Bournemouth was probably over 20 years ago. I wished I could get my money back.... I've watched Poole Town a couple of times in the last year and they are much better value than Bournemouth were back then :sad:

I saw Bournemouth on TV last season and I was impressed. The rumour is that Harry Rednap has been calling favours from some journalist to write about how good would be Rednap for Bournemouth :sad: I haven't read anything though.

AndyRM

XOXO
de Gea will never, ever be better than Jorge Campos.

Killie have made some quality signings so far, compared to the last few seasons. Boyd and Smith are particularly good as they add goals and experience. Higginbotham should give us some steel in midfield which we badly need as we got overrun more times than I care to remember, and I think with him, Boyd and Magennis we will pose a real threat going forward.

We've also signed up some promising youth players, but I am concerned we've not tied down Greg Kiltie. That lad is going to be a big player some day and it would be nice to get a big fee for him in the future.

jhawk

Veteran
Would be nice to see Southampton do well again, as they did this previous season - although they seemed to falter towards the end, which was a shame to see. Koeman did a terrific job. I've supported Man United since I was a kid, and while I don't invest as much time in the sport anymore, I still like to tune in and watch the odd match. Definitely need some sort of holding midfielder, IMO. Bastian Schwiensteiger (sp?) has been mentioned. I think he'd be a great addition, possibly need a new striker, if Rooney's going to slot into the attacking midfield role. Harry Kane?

Definitely not Raheem Sterling. I don't think he's got the right attitude, as good as he is. Would much rather we bring in someone else, just not sure who!

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I certainly didn't know who Jorge Campos was so I had to google his name. Mexican GK, right? I don't remember ever seen him. No idea how good he was either :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
I certainly didn't know who Jorge Campos was so I had to google his name. Mexican GK, right? I don't remember ever seen him. No idea how good he was either :smile:

5'6" and could jump for miles, started life as a damn good striker and makes Neuer's play out of the box look tame. Designed his own tops too, which were always flamboyant. He was ridiculously good.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Bastien Schweinsteiger is my dream signing for this season & I am hoping Memphis Dupay works out too.

Born Red.

I know what you mean but I don't see Schweinsteiger coming :sad:

Chelsea signed Falcao on a loan deal. Something tells me this year it's going to be the year of the come back for Falcao.

howard2107

I'm not a Man u fan, but i am a massive Ryan Giggs fan, what a player he was, and he comes across as a genuine bloke as well, met him once, what a pleasure so down to earth.

Top Bottom