The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
My point was merely that Liverpool fans started the attack which lead to the deaths. And that reading about what happened is not only grim for the game in general, but particularly for Liverpool FC and the supporters involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkF

Guru
I know a few Evertonians who would happily see us lose on Saturday, not a single kopite (or journalist it appears) wants us to not win. Personally, I will be cheeringg my team on with my normal passion, irrespective of the fallout elsewhere.

Ok, you'll be cheering them on with passion, but do you want them to win? ^_^

I'll be at Tranmere watching my team, Rovers need to win to stay up, I am sat with the home fans. :sad:

AndyRM

XOXO

I'll be at Tranmere watching my team, Rovers need to win to stay up, I am sat with the home fans. :sad:

Bradford! I thought I held the dubious honour of supporting the poorest club on these boards :thumbsup:

I hate sitting with the opposite set of fans at a game. Fortunately, Killie usually take a doing away from Fortress Rugby Park (ahem) so it's rare to get into bother by cheering.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3052625, member: 30090"]This has never actually been disputed on this thread or elsewhere, it's the circumstances around it that you still fail to grasp.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you reached that inaccurate conclusion, but if that's what you believe so be it.

In less controversial news, Newcastle took quite a beating in London tonight. Pardew has done the best he can at the club but perhaps his time will be up in summer, despite his achievements.

Moyes is a rumoured successor. Could be a decent appointment for them if it happens.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If he couldn't do anything with Man Utd, he'll never cope with Toon fans baying for unobtainable silverware. That's 7 games without a win.... I agree Pardue must be out soon, though his French must be just about perfect by now....

AndyRM

XOXO
If he couldn't do anything with Man Utd, he'll never cope with Toon fans baying for unobtainable silverware. That's 7 games without a win.... I agree Pardue must be out soon, though his French must be just about perfect by now....

I think the logic is that Moyes did well with an extremely limited budget and didn't particularly rock the boat. Pardew has played his part in several controversial incidents which I assume Ashley is getting sick of. Though it does deflect attention from his questionable tenure so perhaps it's not the best of ideas.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted

Tough one; if we win I will be proud of my team after a very good season and will go on the lash afterwards and celebrate with my mates. If we lose, however, resulting in LFC being deprived of their divine entitlement to glory, it will be the least hurtful defeat of my life (by a massive country mile) and I will be proud of my team after a very good season and go on the lash afterwards and celebrate with my mates.

Good luck at Tranmere.

Durian

Über Member
Tough one; if we win I will be proud of my team after a very good season and will go on the lash afterwards and celebrate with my mates. If we lose, however, resulting in LFC being deprived of their divine entitlement to glory, it will be the least hurtful defeat of my life (by a massive country mile) and I will be proud of my team after a very good season and go on the lash afterwards and celebrate with my mates.

Good luck at Tranmere.

As a fellow Evertonian this is an awful game for us at the weekend so I'm going to be on the lash well before the game starts!

MarkF

Guru
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27198306

Maybe we shouldn't prejudge but for me they NEED to use the maximum punishment which is a ban from Europe or else rich clubs will just see it as a cost to doing business.

What's changed? Have Man City & PSG ruffled the feathers of the long established biggest/richest clubs who don't like level competition? I think it's great to see those clubs at the very top.

Unless you want a salary cap or a USA draft style system then the leagues will always be manipulated by...............cash

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
What's changed? Have Man City & PSG ruffled the feathers of the long established biggest/richest clubs who don't like level competition? I think it's great to see those clubs at the very top.

Unless you want a salary cap or a USA draft style system then the leagues will always be manipulated by...............cash
Nothings changed, thats the point, Man City and PSG have just joined those clubs at the top. Level competition? Thats not level competition.

A salary cap would be nice but It wont happen.

Top Bottom