The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
whoooooooooooooooooooooo sunderland 2-0 after 35 mins:bravo:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
We are deep in the mire. I suspect Sunderland have probably gone

At least I was half right a month ago! :cry:

We've always had a bit of a rapport with Sunderland - ever since the 'friendly final' back in 1985. I'm right peed off tonight, but we've had it coming for a while for being useless, and you can't help but admire Sunderland's amazing last few games.

AndyRM

XOXO
Feel for Norwich as I have family and colleagues who support them, but they have looked utterly toothless recently which makes me wonder why they binned Hughton. I reckon he could have inspired some points out of his side but sadly, not to be.

In news from Scotland, Killie managed a win which means depending on results we could come 7th with a win at Hibs, or end up back in the playoffs with a draw.

Mon Saturday.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327502

The FAs masterplan to fix Englands football, I just cant get my head around the new league three though

"The most controversial proposal would be establishing a new League Three in 2016-17, made up of 10 Premier League B teams and 10 from the Conference."

Wouldn't this just involve second string Prem sides replacing genuine clubs further down the league? How is this a good thing?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327502

The FAs masterplan to fix Englands football, I just cant get my head around the new league three though

"The most controversial proposal would be establishing a new League Three in 2016-17, made up of 10 Premier League B teams and 10 from the Conference."

Wouldn't this just involve second string Prem sides replacing genuine clubs further down the league? How is this a good thing?
I thought I was confused enough already but the BBC article just sent my brain off to la-la land.... can anyone else make any sense of Greg Dyke's ideas?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'm not sure either...

MarkF

Guru
Looks like a system designed to allow big clubs to give insignificant game time to stockpiled young players that they have no real use for, apart from to keep out of other clubs hands and comply with quotas. I wish they'd stop trying to stop the (financial) manipulation of football by manipulating it, it just gets worse.

AndyRM

XOXO
An update from North of the border.

There's a crucial game between Hibs and Killie today which decides who goes into the relegation playoff. BT Sport were due to televise the match which would have been excellent for the hunners (2) of Killie fans exiled in Newcastle.

In their wisdom, Hibs knocked BT back in the hope of getting more fans in the ground. They won't, so all they've done is pish aff a broadcaster and the hunners (2) of fans who are watching elsewhere.

Watching agonisingly important Killie games in the past has aged me significantly, so I can't say that I'm too bothered. However, now I have no excuse for not helping clean the house and bake some cakes.

Even worse, if the game doesn't have proper radio commentary, I will be subjected to the horrors of Open All Mics. If you've not heard it before, tune in. Imagine Sky's transfer deadline day show but without visuals and you'll have an idea of how deliriously baws it truly is.

'Mon Killie!

Top Bottom