The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've aged another 10 years but Killie are safe so I don't care.

If Hibs end up losing their playoff, which is entirely possible, that will mean 3 of the 5 Scottish city teams playing in the second division next season which is pretty amazing.

Scottish fitba isn't interesting or exciting? Aye, very good!

MarkF

Guru
Congratulations to Manchester City! :smile:

I'd be happy for them to win it as long as Pellegrini is there, no ego, bullshit, pyschobabble or histrionics, he seems to be a very nice man.

Wayne Tully

Liverpool are the UKIP of the sports world. They're either fantasising about the good old days or denying charges of racism

AndyRM

XOXO
Congratulations to Manchester City! :smile:

I'd be happy for them to win it as long as Pellegrini is there, no ego, bullshit, pyschobabble or histrionics, he seems to be a very nice man.

Agreed. I read this morning that he's the first non-European to win the Premier League which is pretty impressive.

Liverpool are the UKIP of the sports world. They're either fantasising about the good old days or denying charges of racism

When have Liverpool been accused of racism?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Well done Sunderland, who'd've thought 14th five weeks ago?:laugh:
At least Newcastle finished with a win so maybe M. Pardieu will keep his job after all.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well done Sunderland, who'd've thought 14th five weeks ago?:laugh:
At least Newcastle finished with a win so maybe M. Pardieu will keep his job after all.

I'm absolutely amazed that Sunderland managed to stay up. Can't think of a tougher run-in. That's two seasons in a row they've managed an impressive escape. Early days, but I wonder if they'd be able to do it again.

As for M. Pardieu (very good by the way) I can't see him going anywhere. I feel for the guy as he gets a brutal ride from the fans but he's the only person at the club who fields comments publicly. Most of the Toon fans I know are generally decent and level-headed, but there are a large number of deluded mungbeans who believe that Newcastle should be in the Champions League...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
They should want to be in the CL... but whether they can ever keep a good enough team together long enough, without Ashley making a profit on their best players all the time, will be the hard bit.

When Sunderland can start a season like they finished the last two, the confidence will return, and hopefully last all season, but like Newcastle complacency can set in once they're safe.

AndyRM

XOXO
The clubs stated transfer policy is to buy players cheap and hope that they improve enough for a big sell on fee. With that in place they'll never get anywhere near the Champions League.

Shame really, when I first moved here Newcastle College was giving out free tickets for the group games so I got to see them beat Dynamo Kiev and Juve st SJP.

How times have changed!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Ashley would sell if someone made him a decent offer, Aston Villa are now up for sale too.

I just cant see too many more rich sugar daddies coming into the Prem. The draw bridge has been pulled up by the financial fairplay rules.

There are only 4 Champions League places available so why take a risk, there are already 7 teams with the stated goal of getting these 4 places, so anyone buying Aston Villa or Newcastle would be lucky to finish 8th at best.

brodiej

Veteran
Well - here's the England squad for Rio

• Joe Hart
  • Fraser Forster
  • Ben Foster
  • Glen Johnson
  • Phil Jones
  • Gary Cahill
  • Phil Jagielka
  • Chris Smalling
  • Leighton Baines