The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Obviously being a supporter of South Londons top team I am prone to a little giggle at Chelsea's expense but I liked JM and I would love to know what has gone on. If they suddenly start playing like they did last season and with all of Abramovich's cash I would be seriously tempted to stick them all on the transfer list. They are the ones that have not performed and to me it looks somewhat deliberate

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Liverpool fan just texted and thinks Roman is bonkers to let Jose go.

Another MUFC fan has just done the same and hopes they are in with a chance for him.

Will be the same story across a number of Prem' clubs (I'd excude Liverpool as they have just signed a good manager). City and MUFC will be twitching - guaranteed. Will be a *loody nightmare playing either of those two if that's where he ends up. Can't see any other Prem' club having the right profile for him.

Hope he goes abroad tbh.

Liverpool fan just texted and thinks Roman is bonkers to let Jose go.

Another MUFC fan has just done the same and hopes they are in with a chance for him.

Will be the same story across a number of Prem' clubs (I'd excude Liverpool as they have just signed a good manager). City and MUFC will be twitching - guaranteed. Will be a *loody nightmare playing either of those two if that's where he ends up. Can't see any other Prem' club having the right profile for him.

Hope he goes abroad tbh.

Given the unconditional backing of the owner/chairman, loyalty from the players, and the support of the fans, Mourinho could probably go to any side in the top two leagues and within three years have a top team: a bit like Brian Clough did at Derby AND Nottingham Forest.

SpokeyDokey

You forgot to add to those stats... 3 league titles, FA Cup, 3 league cups. Chelsea's most successful manager ever and they couldn't give him the grace of until the end of the season. It's madness.

Totally with you Ian - utter madness.

The talent pool at that end of the managerial market is pretty shallow too - I can think of very few managers that have the nous to move the club on. And then it comes down to availability.

Some of the press speculation on successor is already ludicrous.

Despite the stick that Chelsea get from the press etc there will be no shortage of hats in the ring for such a high profile position.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I think if they had given him till the window and backed him he would have turned it around, he would certainly have known who to get rid of. Hard to know what went wrong though as I cant remember him ever being in a situation where the players didn't love him and play their socks off for him.

Id worry he will go to another club in this league, LVG has looked a bit rocky.

SpokeyDokey

Surely he spelled the end for himself when he started publicly destroying the players in his press conferences saying they have betrayed him etc ?

That's not strictly what he said.

He was trying to find the right word to explain his feelings when our defence ceded two goals to two of the four scenarios that he had mapped out to our players following him and his teams analysis of Leicester's goals scored this season.

They had trained to respond to each scenario and basically screwed up on the day. Zouma in a trance, flat footed and not following Vardy and Azpi' out of position (albeit compensating for a very flat footed and out of position Terry).

As soon as he uttered the word my wife turned to me and said "expletive deleted...that'll make headlines tomorrow".

Usual distort as applied by the media who have nothing better to do and idiots like Redknapp (J).

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think Chelsea did the right thing. Jose has proved himself a great manager over the years, but he made two mistakes;

No 1, never go back, it is rarely the same;

No 2, he started to believe his own publicity and developed an arrogance that alienated the players who stopped playing for him. No matter how good you are and what field you're in, if the staff lose faith in you you've had it.

I think this will do both himself and Chelsea a power of good.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Me and son in law were discussing this sacking today @SpokeyDokey after our ride out..not been announced when we were chatting.
son in law is a big man u fan..he would love to see José at old Trafford..it wont happen but he has a hell of a good rep..and he will be at the top again

U

User482

It's been suggested that he has a track record of losing the plot in his third season, but on the other hand, I see no point in sacking him unless there is somebody better ready to take over.

That said, it is of course absolutely hilarious.

Top Bottom