The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
4 places (but @redfalo please confirm) at Au Fond du Jardin

this is the place where we stayed on the first ride in 2011, right? if I recall it correctly, it was a group of five of us sleeping there: Susie and you downstairs; French Michael, Stuart G and me upstairs. upstaires were three beds, in something like 1.5 rooms with some, but limited privacy.

Some rooms in the Abbaye have more than just two beds. In 2012, French Michael, Stuart G and me stayed in one of the modern rooms in the former barn (because of a booking snafu), and the Adrienne room has one double bed (160cm) plus a single.

If accommodation in Saint Saens becomes super-tight, another idea would be that some people just carry on to Dieppe on the evening and spend the night there?

Last edited:

lilolee

Veteran
I'll happily share.

This is looking rather good.

Tim Hall

Simon, do you still need a french speaker to phone which ever place in saint saens to check availabilty? I have a brace of french colleagues who can do this.

StuartG

slower but further
I'll share with anyone who will share with me. If you can hear snores you haven't pedalled hard and/or drunk enough!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Is there a campsite at St Saens? I don't think there is, but if there is one, Uta and I would be happy to do that.
not that I know of. And bear in mind this, young Franklinstein - it's a holiday. There's no way you're going to make that lovely bride of yours carry a million cubic metres of sleeping bag on my watch. She deserves a decent dinner, a warm bed and breakfast served on crisp white china.

frank9755

Cyclist
not that I know of. And bear in mind this, young Franklinstein - it's a holiday. There's no way you're going to make that lovely bride of yours carry a million cubic metres of sleeping bag on my watch. She deserves a decent dinner, a warm bed and breakfast served on crisp white china.

Just trying to be helpful!

Agent Hilda

The Babe
This is great it gives me loads of time to get well Frenchified up!
Plus looks like recce No 2 on the cards.
Plus I got hill practice all the time now what with Spain and everything and even just going to Decathalon he makes me go up big farking hills so that first one to Brix aint going to be a problem, no way.

Love you all

Agent H

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I know it doesn't affect this adventure but I am sure Delzeqq knew. The ferry company DFDS has said from New Year they will cease their Portsmouth to Le Havre crossing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29217806
Not good for anyone needing/wanting an early bailout. Brittany Ferries are still running services (Normandie Express high-speed plus an economy overnighter) but not at times that would suit the tour. Planning to book the bank holiday week off, so if I can't get the Friday night off I'll still be able to join Saturday (either Friday overnight into Caen or Saturday morning sailing).

StuartG

slower but further
I know it doesn't affect this adventure but I am sure Delzeqq knew. The ferry company DFDS has said from New Year they will cease their Portsmouth to Le Havre crossing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29217806
I heard this weekend that the Harwich - Ejberg ferry is being retired even earlier on the 28th September. The ferry business is shrinking and consolidating into only 3 or 4 companies. Not good.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
possible Normandiers

Frank P
Uta
Andrew B
Helen
Adam
Rebecca