The Fridays tour - Normandy 15th-22nd June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru
We can add wi-fi requests to the duties of the multi-lingual Mice. I am unsure if my French stretches to avez vous un wye fye ici monsieur?
If I remember right from previous trips srw and I have done, the French do still refer to it as WiFi - but it's pronounced "whiffy". And a lot of B&Bs seem to have it, so we can hope!

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
The recce grew have discovered that together we already have several copies of IGN map 106 so no need for everyone to rush out & buy one.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Any ideas on acquiring a PAYG sim card so we can text each other and peeps at home?
As I posted upthread, best to check out whatever deals your existing provider offers for foreign usage. I'll be sticking with O2 for my phone- 28p a minute for outgoing calls, 7p to receive, texts 8p (free to receive). Much easier than having two numbers for each and every one of us, dialling the wrong one.....

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It seems even the recce party (AKA the International Brigade Of The People's Autonomous Republic of The Fridays) has four maps so perhaps I was premature in suggesting copies were needed. Sorry.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As long as at least one person knows how to read it, you should be OK then....:smile:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the recce group's luggage will be picked up from the ferry by the maitre de chateau. Martin has found a grand magasin de bicyclettes in Brix. Tell me how this can get any better.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Indeed. My fettling started yesterday, although I still need to attach a small bag to the bike, having seen Swarm_catcher use one In Belgium I thought my speed would increase if I put one on the bike, job that I might be able to extend to a full five minutes if I try. I have made the sandwich for the train and even packed 50 teabags because Johnny Foreigner knows nothing about proper tea*. My packing is now almost done, and is reduced to wondering if I should pack a bow tie in case we need to dress for dinner, as one does when upholding the standards of Empire**.

*Although Proudhon would have us believe that all property is theft (an aural joke).
**Remember I died in the war for people like you. Harrumph.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
True. I think I might leave it at home as it surely won't be rainy or windy will it? It is good with a following wind, obvs.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Apart from 10 days in Ibiza last year when it was blue skies and sunshine, it's rained on every single holiday I've ever been on and when I was in Sydney two years ago it was their wettest autumn in 21 years. Might want to pack the waterproofs just in case :rain:

Top Bottom