The Fridays tour - Normandy 15th-22nd June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'm putting mudguards on the road bike just in case :whistle:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The International Brigade Of The People's Republic of The Fridays has successfully boarded and is actively planning as we speak. Gordon is searching for alcohol. The Gurls have gone shopping. Dellzeqq and Self are guarding seats from The Lower Orders. Still sunny. We are at the pointy part of the boaty thing and have an excellent view of the sparkly sea. We are also close to a handy pack of paper bags so might nick some for sandwich bags in the week. They have Mal De Mer written in them, not sure what that means. Is it French for Sandwich Bag?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
In The ENGLISH Channel. The French bloke in charge has just put a large concrete block on the fast pedal and we are motoring like A Dellzeqq on A Pinarello down Ditchling Beacon in search of a Huge Breakfast. Probably soon be out of range of the interwebs so farewell forever friends. Dell and Gordon are gazing fondly at a map. With routes drawn on it. Looks like I might have to pay attention soon.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Gordon finished his alcohol. Mice & I have discovered that this superbly comfy shipthingy has free wi-fi. Hence am not yet beyond the reach of civilisation. Incidentally a fine variety of luggage is on display. The most utilitarian appears to be the rucksack. If the only time you'll be carrying it is to the train in your home town then it'll be fine. It is 12 minutes on a bike from the station to the ferry terminal and at the other end there could be a taxi to carry luggage to the chateau. Mice has a spiffing Ortlieb Messenger bag. I am trying not to be jealous.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Gordon's GPS says we are doing 70kph. This boatythingy is faster and more comfy than the 8.18 train to Cannon Street I used to take before I was thrown on the scrapheap in the prime of life.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Gordon's GPS says we are doing 70kph. This boatythingy is faster and more comfy than the 8.18 train to Cannon Street I used to take before I was thrown on the scrapheap in the prime of life.
J'écoute les violons.

Top Bottom