The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So much for heeding the "be careful" advice :wacko:

;)

Well done :okay:
The weather has been considerably more favourable to a pallid Scot than it was on Monday. Yesterday morning it was grey, cold, and heavy rain. Perfect :laugh:
It cleared up and got warmer in the afternoon but not to a level that would cause me to overheat to the same extent as before.

I wish I could say today is going to be easier but sadly untrue :cry::cursing:

Norry1

Legendary Member
June's Ton done. Did the Velothon Wales yesterday which was 86.7 miles - I made it a ton with the ride to and from the event from the hotel.

Enjoyed the day - I like closed road rides - but think I went out too fast as I was cooked after 50 miles when we hit the Tumble.

Not sure what my July ton will be. 6 of us are doing a week in the Alps but the rides are usually less than 100. Last time we went, I went off one day and added 50 miles on after doing Col de Croix de Fer.

Martin

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'm still in the challenge.:dance: June's ride completed yesterday with a repeat of my Oswestry - Ellesmere - Wem - Cardington route that I did last time (it has quite a lot of flat in it ;)) No arguing with idiots this time and the knee only started to ache from about 80 miles, so an improvement even if it's not completely better (I may have been a bit enthusiastic earlier in the ride :shy:)

103.27 miles, 13.6 mph average (not counting the stops) and I'll do a proper write up with photos over in "your ride today" when I've got a bit more time.

sittingbull

Veteran
June's ton took me over the Runcorn Bridge to Frodsham and Delamere, then mostly down the A49 to Whitchurch, with a brief detour through picturesque Peckforton. Conditions were perfect for a nice summer's day ride. It's 6 or 7 years since I've suffered from hay-fever but it's back with a vengeance. I sneezed most of the way and continued for some time once home.

whitchurch.jpg

5 miles beyond Whitchurch I turned around and retraced my route. It's strange how the sights can appear different when approached from the opposite direction but also reassuring as the miles are being munched away.

A brief stop at Beeston Lodge, fortunately the electric gates remained closed whilst I took the pic. Just think, electric gates back then :whistle:

beeston_lodge.jpg

Decided to photo some old relics:

relics.jpg

Another opportunity too good to miss. It's behind you!

bull.jpg

Roll on July ^_^

Soltydog

Legendary Member
July's ton done nice & early for me ^_^ Set out for a planned 80 mile ride taking in Hanging Grimston climb :blush: felt good on the way back, but remembering the no stop at home rule I called at the tea rooms in our village for cake & fluids & did another 20. Must have knocked my garmin off at some point, so missed a couple of miles, but still logged 102. I'll post details later, hospital visit now :sad: (not me :okay:)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
July's ton done nice & early for me ^_^ Set out for a planned 80 mile ride taking in Hanging Grimston climb :blush: felt good on the way back, but remembering the no stop at home rule I called at the tea rooms in our village for cake & fluids & did another 20. Must have knocked my garmin off at some point, so missed a couple of miles, but still logged 102. I'll post details later, hospital visit now :sad: (not me :okay:)

You went through my neck of the woods, you were within a few streets of me mams house and went straight by my old secondary school

Top Bottom