The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
July in the bag - https://www.strava.com/activities/343637693

Glorious weather when I set off, hardly a cloud in the sky, virtually no wind, and more than warm enough at 5am to set off in ss top and shorts. Did my usual and didn't plan a route. Legs starting aching the second I set off so was expecting it to be tough.

Got to about 70 miles and the wind was picking up so decided to "cheat" by doing some flat miles and headed back to Leicester and through some of the parks, this brought my average speed down a bit but it worked as I got out of the wind and the slower pace meant I felt great, so much so I went on and did 111 miles ^_^

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You seem to be on fire @Supersuperleeds The metric century list is groaning under the weight of your submissions.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well that was July's qualifying ride done today. Out of the door at 3.40am to meet the FNRttC crew at Whistable. Nice mild night which meant short sleeves. A stunning sunrise to boot. Only 3 cars passed in 40 miles. The usual ride back (FNRttC in reverse) in the company of @rb58 & @martint235

180715.jpg

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So,
@Banjo
@Edwardoka
@Norry1
@sittingbull

Just waiting for your July qualifying rides guys.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Struggling a bit. I had hoped to sneak a ton in whilst riding in the Alps last week. However, on the day I had in mind it was over 100 degrees and having done nearly 8,000 feet of climbing mountains, I decided discretion was the better part of valour and stopped after the planned 61 miles. Have RideLondon 2 weeks today but that is 2nd Aug. Maybe see if I can sneak half a day off this Friday.

I'm struggling more than a bit...
My biggest day on the bike since the Trossachs Ton a month ago was a whopping 17 miles last weekend!

Perfect storm of general fatigue, navel gazing, logistics, lack of motivation, crap weather, and a complete failure to adhere to Rule 5.
I hope it doesn't end up being another case of me reporting in at 23:55 on the 31st...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm struggling more than a bit...
My biggest day on the bike since the Trossachs Ton a month ago was a whopping 17 miles last weekend!

Perfect storm of general fatigue, navel gazing, logistics, lack of motivation, crap weather, and a complete failure to adhere to Rule 5.
I hope it doesn't end up being another case of me reporting in at 23:55 on the 31st...

Stick with it bud.. try not to leave it too late. You are doing so well.

What is a rule 5?

Top Bottom