The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
Going for fast times guys?

Seem to remember @Norry1 averaged 20+mph in 2013.

sittingbull

Veteran
My July tom was in preparation for a while before it happened, the forecast wasn't looking good until the end of the week but Wednesday started to become a possibility. I went for it and was rewarded with a dry day, just, evidence of earlier showers lay all around but I missed them :smile:

Over the Runcorn Bridge ....again.... towards Chester, then towards Wrexham with Llangollen being my destination. I made a brief stop at Trevor (about 5 miles before Llangollen) to take in the view and tranquility:

trevor.jpg

Then it was on to Llangollen and my usual photo stop. I managed to drop my GPS within feet of where I dropped it on my last visit (it's my back-up and it's fine). I really must be more carefull next year :smile::

llangollen.jpg

After a trundle around Llangollen it was a direct return along my outgoing route. Wednesday must be club night. This is one group I caught up with a few miles before Chester and I saw quite a few others:

club.jpg

Next qualifier nearly due :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well that was August's ride done and dusted. A nice Surrey/Kent loop with MartinT235 & the legendary ZigZag (so had to be on my toes). The weather was absolutely perfect for cycling. Very little wind, not too hot, though it did get hotter later in the afternoon. So 105 miles for the day. No map as my Garmin was playing up. And no pics either, sorry 'bout that. Century ride 20 for the year. 155 over all.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Me too. A nice warm day.
I'm liking Suffolk, a hidden pretty gem!

Norry1

Legendary Member
That is August's ton done nice and early - and makes 2 tons in 9 days which is probably a first for me.

I did RideLondon for the third time and enjoyed it as much as the other times. With the riding there, back and a bit of moseying I totalled 118.5 miles with a moving time of 6:17:09 and an average moving pace of 18.9 mph. https://www.strava.com/activities/359404677/overview

I used "laps" on the Garmin so I had a good track of my actual RideLondon time, which matches (4 secs difference) with my official time. I didn't go out of the blocks quite as hard as last time which really paid dividends later on. So much so that I had quite a lot left in the tank in the last 10 miles. I was in a group of about 20 riders there but attacked :smile: with 3 km to go as they weren't going as fast as I wanted.

My RideLondon time was 4:47:00 and as I didn't stop, that is moving and elapsed. The course seems to be a bit under-measured as my Garmin along with many others said 99.7miles.

I'll be in the 2016 ballot next Monday.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
That is August's ton done nice and early - and makes 2 tons in 9 days which is probably a first for me.

I did RideLondon for the third time and enjoyed it as much as the other times. With the riding there, back and a bit of moseying I totalled 118.5 miles with a moving time of 6:17:09 and an average moving pace of 18.9 mph. https://www.strava.com/activities/359404677/overview

I used "laps" on the Garmin so I had a good track of my actual RideLondon time, which matches (4 secs difference) with my official time. I didn't go out of the blocks quite as hard as last time which really paid dividends later on. So much so that I had quite a lot left in the tank in the last 10 miles. I was in a group of about 20 riders there but attacked :smile: with 3 km to go as they weren't going as fast as I wanted.

My RideLondon time was 4:47:00 and as I didn't stop, that is moving and elapsed. The course seems to be a bit under-measured as my Garmin along with many others said 99.7miles.

I'll be in the 2016 ballot next Monday.

I think the distance from any GPS allways reads very slightly less than real distance.I bet if you plotted the route on map my ride or similar it would be over a 100 miles.

I don't know why that is but wonder if the gps connects all the dots with straight lines where as the actual roads are continuous curves .It is completely unimportant but something that I have pondered about before.

4.47 is an impressive time .:bravo:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think the distance from any GPS allways reads very slightly less than real distance.I bet if you plotted the route on map my ride or similar it would be over a 100 miles.

I don't know why that is but wonder if the gps connects all the dots with straight lines where as the actual roads are continuous curves .It is completely unimportant but something that I have pondered about before.

4.47 is an impressive time .:bravo:

Yup route I did last sunday was 107 miles on ridewithgps, came out on the Garmin recorded at about 105and half miles.

Top Bottom