The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
Struggling a bit......... Maybe see if I can sneak half a day off this Friday.
Half a day off :eek:........ Should think you could start after work and still finish in daylight ;)

I'm struggling more than a bit...
My biggest day on the bike since the Trossachs Ton a month ago was a whopping 17 miles last weekend!

Perfect storm of general fatigue, navel gazing, logistics, lack of motivation, crap weather, and a complete failure to adhere to Rule 5.
I hope it doesn't end up being another case of me reporting in at 23:55 on the 31st...
You'll be fine once you plan the route and set off. Sounds like the summertime blues.

I've been going through a bad patch since this time last year, only doing half the miles I was I'll be visiting Llangollen sometime soon though :smile:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
That's me got Julys ride done. Barry to Gowerton via Swansea and Clyne Valley path.(out and back)

set off in drizzle then it peed down really heavy rain and wind for 20 minutes or so before gradually clearing up into a sunny day.
This ride is just over 100 miles with over half of it on cycle paths.not everyones cup of tea I know but I like getting away from the Cars sometimes.

Came back via Cefn Cribwr to avoid the Bridgend bypass racetrack at rush hour this detour added a couple of tasty hills near the end of the ride for my tired little legs but was worth it to avoid the dual carriageway.^_^

Today was my only opportunity to ride a ton this month so I am well pleased.
Will add a few photos to this post later .
Good luck to anyone who has not done july yet.:cheers:
DSCN1354_zpsmagkxbjh.jpg

DSCN1357_zpsnibaulv6.jpg

DSCN1361_zpsggbmties.jpg

DSCN1363_zpstrfnp7a7.jpg

View across Bristol Channel with Exmoor in the background.

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well that is July's one. It did rain all day but luckily it was just warm enough for it not to be a problem. I tried to keep my heart rate right down, so I don't screw up RideLondon next Sunday.

This time last week I was riding the Col du Glandon in 100 plus degrees of heat and bright sun. What a difference a week makes :smile:

107.2 miles clocked.

July ton done. My second biggest day's mileage ever, 146.9 miles ridden in conditions which can be best described as "trying" with many freezing showers interspersed with glorious sunshine.
Not sure how it's possible to be cold and wet for so long yet still end up sunburnt...

I never intended for the mileage to be so big - we were originally planning a loop around the Firth of Forth but when @Louch's rear wheel died in Rosyth, plans changed, he got the train home and since I don't really know my way around that area, I headed for the nearest place I knew how to get home from and revisited the latter part of my January ton.

Norry1

Legendary Member
and with @sittingbull 's ride today, that means everyone is still in the challenge. Great going peeps. Getting August's ride done will mean 2/3rds of the year done.
I'm going to knock out my qualifier on Sunday. Weather is looking perfect for cycling.

Keep cycling challengers.....

Me too - RideLondon

Top Bottom