The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
Don't think I'd remember any schools. For most of my long rides I'm on auto-pilot, it's only when the Garmin chirps at me that I realise I've just gone off course.

Things I do tend to register are churches, pubs and regional variations in "For Sale" boards.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The ride for July is in the bag.:hyper: I had unfinished business with my Ludlow route after the attempt in May. Details to follow

Edit: The write up is now done and is here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-3780106

I'm pleased to report that I had no knee pain on this ride.:thumbsup: The sit bones are somewhat delicate afterwards though.:blink:

Last edited:

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
So welcome to a good friend of ours @redfalo to the yearly Imperial Century a month challenge. He's a good chap our Redfalo, though he has a bad taste in football teams, especially UK based ones.

Welcome to the challenge bud!
Thanks for the warm welcome! (while I got privately told off for just posting Strava links :whistle:) Oh, and on football: You can't buy class, as they say in this part of town.

On a serious note: I think Tiptree is the lunch stop on your regular route as well as on mine. May be nice to meet up there for lunch on a ride?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Welcome to the challenge @redfalo some pretty impressive rides already done :okay: I really need to push on & do a bigger ride, but always seem to start struggling around the 90 mile mark & quite often the last 10 miles or so can be tough :blush:

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Welcome to the challenge @redfalo some pretty impressive rides already done :okay: I really need to push on & do a bigger ride, but always seem to start struggling around the 90 mile mark & quite often the last 10 miles or so can be tough :blush:

Thanks! I know that 90-miles-feeling you're describing only too well. The truly amazing experience is that once you had a short break plus some food, and then carry on, you will sooner or later start to feel better again. Or, as an old hand in Audaxing once said: "Remember: Not matter how bad you're feeling, it will improve if you crack on." It really does.

Mental anchoring is another issue of course. After a 200k Audax, I can not imagine riding another 200k. However, on a 600k one, there is not a fraction of doubt after 400k that I'll do another 200. A lot of this is really down to psychology, rather then physical strength.

Plot your route to ride into the middle of nowhere, where you can't bail. You'd be surprised how motivated you can get, when the last 10 miles of your route is like something out of 'deliverance'. If you hear banjos, you suddenly get more energy.:eek:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Thanks for the warm welcome! (while I got privately told off for just posting Strava links :whistle:) Oh, and on football: You can't buy class, as they say in this part of town.

On a serious note: I think Tiptree is the lunch stop on your regular route as well as on mine. May be nice to meet up there for lunch on a ride?

We've all had that rite of passage at some point :laugh:

Top Bottom