The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So one weekend left in September.
@Norry1
@sittingbull
@Soltydog

What are your plans guys?

https://www.strava.com/activities/384705903

I thought I'd done one this month, completely forgot about it:laugh:.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I went up to Newbury and back:thumbsup:.

As an added bonus, I'm reliably informed by one of my cohorts, that the 'missing' ton, in January, wasn't actually missing. It's the one where my phone (and hence Strava) went dead at about 70 miles. He reckons it was 120 or 130, up to Woking and back. Bloody technology:banghead:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
https://www.strava.com/activities/384705903

I thought I'd done one this month, completely forgot about it:laugh:.

View attachment 104579

View attachment 104580

I went up to Newbury and back:thumbsup:.

As an added bonus, I'm reliably informed by one of my cohorts, that the 'missing' ton, in January, wasn't actually missing. It's the one where my phone (and hence Strava) went dead at about 70 miles. He reckons it was 120 or 130, up to Woking and back. Bloody technology:banghead:

Shame you missed out on Aprils otherwise you would have been back in on the challenge.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm thinking of tweaking the rules for next years challenge.

What I'm thinking is to make the thread a little more interesting to look at.
We all take our phones and a camera with us on rides. So for next year I would like those in the challenge to add one photo that encapsulates each qualifying ride.

For example. On my qualifying ride for May this year I rode to Brighton following the old commercial vehicles rally. This pic, shows what it was about and how the ride was. It rained for a lot of it.

03/05/15 To Brighton (Following the Vintage Commercial vehicles) and back(C#146)
Home, Addington, Purley, Coulsdon, Hooley, Merstham, Redhill, Gatwick, Crawley, Cuckfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Pyecombe and Brighton. Return via Devils Dyke, Wineham, Warninglid, Handcross, Crawley, Gatwick, Redhill, Merstham, Hooley, Coulsdon, Croydon, Bromley and Home.
108.37miles. 7:23:21 Riding Time. 14.7mph avg. Pinnacle Pyrolite 2014
20150503_102328-jpg.87682.jpg

Once again, Strava links are ok. But a route description of the ride (like above) still to be included. (And I'm looking at you Phil;))

Any other suggestions or tweaks?

The rest of the rules will remain as they have done since the start of this challenge way back.
ie 1 complete ride a month during the calendar year. (January to February)

The original rules, set up in 2007 on CC (and before that on Bike Radar in 2004) are.

The rules:
-A century is a single ride of at least 100.0 miles as measured on a reasonably accurate cycle computer. 99.9 miles or less is not a century.
-Breaks/stops during the ride are permitted for refreshment/repairs/sightseeing etc but stops to sleep and stops at your home are not permitted.
-A qualifying century cannot start before 0001hrs on the morning of the first day of the calendar month.
-For qualifying rides ridden on the last day of the month: the 100.0 mile mark must have been passed by 2359.59 hrs on that day.
-If you miss a month you are out of the challenge, no exceptions for any reason, riding more than one century in a month does not entitle you to miss a month in lieu.
-Centuries ridden on rollers/turbo trainers/indoor velodromes do not count towards the challenge.

The rules are pretty straight forward so I wouldn't want to tweak them too much.

I may even ask Shaun if he can design a CCICAMC shirt to those that have completed the challenge.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
So one weekend left in September.

@Soltydog

What are your plans guys?

My plan was to do it beginning of last week :blush: Went out on the Monday with intentions of doing a ton, but felt really off it & ended up struggling to 60 miles, turns out it was the start of a cold :sad: Working tomorrow morning, then 13 days off, so hopefully plenty of chances to get mine done. Hopefully get this & next months both done next week (fingers crossed)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Been a bit busy this month and forgot I hadn't posted my September ton.

https://www.strava.com/activities/391403119

Since I heard about Eddington numbers, I don't like finishing on a round number so I ended up doing 112 miles.

So what is your number now?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm thinking of tweaking the rules for next years challenge.

What I'm thinking is to make the thread a little more interesting to look at.
We all take our phones and a camera with us on rides. So for next year I would like those in the challenge to add one photo that encapsulates each qualifying ride.

For example. On my qualifying ride for May this year I rode to Brighton following the old commercial vehicles rally. This pic, shows what it was about and how the ride was. It rained for a lot of it.

03/05/15 To Brighton (Following the Vintage Commercial vehicles) and back(C#146)
Home, Addington, Purley, Coulsdon, Hooley, Merstham, Redhill, Gatwick, Crawley, Cuckfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Pyecombe and Brighton. Return via Devils Dyke, Wineham, Warninglid, Handcross, Crawley, Gatwick, Redhill, Merstham, Hooley, Coulsdon, Croydon, Bromley and Home.
108.37miles. 7:23:21 Riding Time. 14.7mph avg. Pinnacle Pyrolite 2014
20150503_102328-jpg.87682.jpg

Once again, Strava links are ok. But a route description of the ride (like above) still to be included. (And I'm looking at you Phil;))

Any other suggestions or tweaks?

The rest of the rules will remain as they have done since the start of this challenge way back.
ie 1 complete ride a month during the calendar year. (January to February)

The original rules, set up in 2007 on CC (and before that on Bike Radar in 2004) are.

The rules:
-A century is a single ride of at least 100.0 miles as measured on a reasonably accurate cycle computer. 99.9 miles or less is not a century.
-Breaks/stops during the ride are permitted for refreshment/repairs/sightseeing etc but stops to sleep and stops at your home are not permitted.
-A qualifying century cannot start before 0001hrs on the morning of the first day of the calendar month.
-For qualifying rides ridden on the last day of the month: the 100.0 mile mark must have been passed by 2359.59 hrs on that day.
-If you miss a month you are out of the challenge, no exceptions for any reason, riding more than one century in a month does not entitle you to miss a month in lieu.
-Centuries ridden on rollers/turbo trainers/indoor velodromes do not count towards the challenge.

The rules are pretty straight forward so I wouldn't want to tweak them too much.

I may even ask Shaun if he can design a CCICAMC shirt to those that have completed the challenge.
I vote for leaving it as it is. If people take a decent photo out on their ride and wish to post it, fair enough. I don't tend to bother with photos at all on rides.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I vote for leaving it as it is. If people take a decent photo out on their ride and wish to post it, fair enough. I don't tend to bother with photos at all on rides.

Fairy muff mate... it was just a suggestion rather then a rule addition that had to be adhered to.
Have you any other thoughts on anything that may need added or tweaked?

Top Bottom