The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

I'm confused, does it have to be one ride or is it just an accumulated amount
I apologise if this has been asked and answered within the 35+ pages beforehand (too lazy to read it all)

One ride of 100km per month.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ignore what everyone else can do with ease and just achieve whatever I can achieve myself.... and claim everything as a Veterans Super-heavyweight record. So far so good.

That's the spirit :okay:
Keep pedalling bud... there's 30+ days in every month so plenty of time to pick the good days.
Try and plan for the earliest date in the month to do you ride. That way it's out of the way with and less to worry about in regards to weather etc.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
100k [...] is a long way, and doing it once doesn't make it not a long way the next time!
Very well put. I may have managed multiple qualifying rides most months, but that's because I have (not through choice) time available to me at the moment. I've been dead on my feet at the end of most of them.

And I'm supposed to be attempting a 200k audax on Sunday. I'm not sure I thought this one through properly.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Do you get double points for doing 200km?
As some of us are doing the 200KM Great Escape Audax on Sunday?
Need all the help I can get to catch Sea of Vapours points total! ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Do you get double points for doing 200km?
As some of us are doing the 200KM Great Escape Audax on Sunday?
Need all the help I can get to catch Sea of Vapours points total! ^_^

I would say that's a big yes.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am aspiring to do a 200 at some point. I lack anything approaching flat ground around here though, so it's ...... ummmm...... daunting would be the word I think.
Yes, the terrain IS daunting round there but I am fairly sure from seeing the impressive list of hilly 100 km rides that you have done this year that you could do a Dales 200. I reckon you are at least as fit as I was when I did mine, about 8 or 9 years ago!

If you want to do an easier flattish 200 and can get over to Cheshire with your bike, come and join me, Littgull and probably several other CycleChatters for a 200 km forum ride on 27th June, route details being worked on.

If you want to do an easier flattish 200 and can get over to Cheshire with your bike, come and join me, Littgull and probably several other CycleChatters for a 200 km forum ride on 27th June, route details being worked on.
Thanks Colin. I'll probably pass on that due to getting there, but I do intend to join you on the one from Settle, later in the year.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I know thought it was cheating thou. Have changed to 2 now. Need all the help I can get to get close to your points total.
It's in the rules way back at the start of the original thread, so you're okay.;):
(Snip).....
The rules are:

1. At least one metric century each month.
2. Each metric century is worth 1 point.
3. Double centuries are worth two points and so on.
4. For very long continuous rides, use the completion date to log the ride.
5. 50KM on Saturday and 50KM on Sunday is not a continuous ride!

......(Snip)

Top Bottom