The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I favour a nice Stanley myself
stanley_bedrock_605_400.jpg

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I favour a nice Stanley myself
stanley_bedrock_605_400.jpg

Nice plane :smile:

macp

Guru
No real favourite - tho we had B52s on detachment for a while - most impressive has to be Vulcans doing group scrambles - come in at 5am and sit - we would run round house taking down anything that might fall off mantlepieces et.al. - before rolling down runway and climbing steeply- on occasion two sets of three - SR-71 was a frequent visitor coming in late and taking off at dawn
Fascinating would love to read more about this, where was this ?

macp

Guru
One more just because its awesome
VsiTTLt.jpg

ozboz

Guru
image.png

As a young Soldier , I was lucky enough to fly all over Hong Kong in one if these Scouts ,the pilot took us over Hong Kong Island and the Territories , amazing places to vew from the air and relatively low level , the sight that lingers from that day was flying over the partly submerged and listing Queen Mary in The harbour

midlife

Guru
Tilt rotor Osprey just thundered over the House a minute ago.... south of Carlisle heading towards Carlisle Airport. Never seen one around here before, maybe there's an exercise at the airport?

Love the cranked wing XL (I think) in the pic above, font see many pics of those.....pity it didn't go into production along with the F15 Eagle.

Shaun

Top Bottom