Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Your parents owning a Stereogram with a radio.
Luxor_Tenor-dial.jpg

Being very young, wondering at all those exotic places like Luxembourg, Hilversum, Munchen, Limoges. Turning the dial to tune into some foreign language. Amazing stuff.

A German built stereogram at that. :okay:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Putting your shopping on the roof of the car while you search for your pockets for the keys and then driving off.

Where's the shopping?

Or maps.

Doing a paper round in the 70's and finding out someone had subscribed to Knave on my round....

Shaun
One of the local newspapers in the 60's was the Western Daily Press, sometimes you would pull it out of your bag to find that you only had 2 pages. Having looked through the rest of your bag for the missing pages you discovered that that was all it was that day.

D

Deleted member 1258

Riding a 'grocers bike' on a Saturday morning for two bob.

Yes, my first job after school was in a shop called the Fruit Shop and one of my jobs was deliveries and collections on their grocers bike, at one point I upset the manageress, I came back from a delivery without the bike and informed her it was in the local bike shop having its brakes done, I'd nearly put it in the hedge on a bend on a fast descent because I was struggling to stop it. It had been like that for a while and I had decided enough is enough so didn't ask her that time I just put it in the shop.

D

Deleted member 1258

Watching TV in 405 lines. (That's pre 625 for those who don't understand )

I remember working in a TV repair place and buying a scrap black and white 405 line TV, having one of the engineers refurbish it and run it round to my Bedsit. The aerial was a short piece of mains lead poked in the aerial socket and pegged onto the curtain behind the TV with a clothes peg, every now and again I'd have to move it around to improve the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom