Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Drinking Tartan Special xx(.
It does still exist, even on draught in some of the more quaint pubs I have been in, so obviously some people are still drinking the evil, gassy, chemical ridden potion.

Pernod and black :sad:

Shaun

Trickedem

Guru
It took me a long while to manage to do it, it was a bit like letting your eyes drift out of focus. Once the image started to appear your eyes would lock onto it and it would become clearer. What I found fascinating was that small pictures of them in magazine adverts would also work.
who can read this one?
img_text_stereogram.php?text=Cycle%20Chat.jpg

In March 1976 I was among a few thousand Saints fans in the smallest crowd for an FA Cup Sixth Round tie at Valley Parade, Bradford. Those were the days when the first thing the coach driver did was load the beer into the boot. In those days Valley Parade was an absolute toilet of a ground, even compared to The Dell. At one end was an open terraced end with steep banking and decaying concrete terraces which was where our tickets were for. Bradford hoolies tried to get on the end and there followed an exchange of many missiles. Fair few of the above quite remarkably were flying back and forth

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Remember the days when you could open a daily paper and not see the words 'Muslim', 'Islam' or 'Jihad' anywhere?

Hyslop

Veteran
In one sense,I may well have misposted this,so forgive me!-can anyone remember when the UK had a thriving light engineering manufacturing industry?I was reminded of this today when,walking through Carlisle.For whatever reason,I looked down as I walked over a manhole cover-and saw the manufacturers name on the cover.Said manhole was 20 yards from the site of a now defunct local engineering company,Porter Bros.of Carlisle,long gone alas but where in her early life,my mother worked in the office.Now even the manhole cover(which they produced)is made elsewhere.The name on the cover?-"Eiffel"!!!

Top Bottom