Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Charity shop in Berko had the smaller Airfix ones, £5 a box. Thought the RAF ground crew would go with the models I've yet to build, but too dear.

Ah airfix toy soldiers For some unfathomnable reason didn't they do some boxes at 1/72 (matching their aircraft)and and others at 1/76 (matching their tanks) . Made your toy soldier battles look like a regiment of giants versus dwarves.

Can anyone remember the way that Stanley Unwin used to speak, leaving people totally confused as to what he said. I tried copying some of his phrases without much success.

Oh deep joy!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Things like this once seemed to be in the corner of every sitting room...

white_standard_lamp_2_set2_2.jpg

...can't remember the last time i saw one.

Microfiche! I used to use them back in the 80's for mixing paint. I can remember one occasion in the early 80's a greenfly must have flown in an found its way onto the glass screen. As I pushed the plate under the greenfly appeared magnified on the screen, you could see it's blood pumping through its veins,we watched fascinated by it until a sudden shock caused the glass screen to shut, Splat!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Remember the days when we only had one domestic light fitting, and probably no more than three wattage ratings. Now I have a load of bulbs to sort through to find something suitable.

And don't get me started on batteries.

Top Bottom