Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
I cantvsay this till I'm secure in another job.
I'm leaving. This place stinks. Management are useless and hide when there's a real problem. No I am not clearing up after people. I can only do one thing at a time. The pay is awful and fifty people leaving in the last six months is not good.
The boss is a complete numpty and I hope he erupts in painful boils.
Goodbye you bunch of half wits.

Tojo

Über Member
What word are you on aboot? :whistle:

They obviously divint knaa....:rofl:

Licramite

Über Member
Weekend cyclists who like to pretend they are PRO or Semi-Pro cyclists doing the tour de france or Timetrialing - Well your not - your just ordinary blokes on flashy bikes - so Don't throw your Bleeding empty energy drink containers in the bushes !
Just spent sunday with our village cleaning up the roadside and trailside trash and was dismayed by the number of gel energy drink containers found.

You may see it on tour de france but you ain't a pro rider and this ain't france!

(god I'm going some flake over this)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Weekend cyclists who like to pretend they are PRO or Semi-Pro cyclists doing the tour de france or Timetrialing - Well your not - your just ordinary blokes on flashy bikes - so Don't throw your Bleeding empty energy drink containers in the bushes !
Just spent sunday with our village cleaning up the roadside and trailside trash and was dismayed by the number of gel energy drink containers found.

You may see it on tour de france but you ain't a pro rider and this ain't france!

(god I'm going some flake over this)

And it then gives the rest of us a bad name too :rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was vermantly blaming - JOGGERS !
'Vermantly' ...

Verdantly ...Vermontly ... :whistle:

Ah ... vehemently? :okay:

A doctor looked my Mum in the face last August and said, 'Oh you've probably got cancer and I suppose I'd better send you to hospital'. She didn't punch anyone in the mouth two days later. She just went to the hospital.
I'm sorry to hear about your mum - I hope the treatment goes well. :sad:

It sounds like that doctor deserved a slap and a few points for the local 'breaking bad news badly' award! :thumbsdown:

ColinJ

I don't make a habit of pointing out spelling mistakes (I am used to break/brake, to/too, definitely/definately, should have/should of and so on), but that is one 'word' that I genuinely stared at and wondered what it was supposed to be! :laugh:

simon.r

Person
A doctor looked my Mum in the face last August and said, 'Oh you've probably got cancer and I suppose I'd better send you to hospital'. She didn't punch anyone in the mouth two days later. She just went to the hospital.

Along the same lines, an apparently well regarded oncologist who, four years ago, told me and my Dad that my Mum had about three months left to live. Mum's still alive and is clear of cancer.

If it wasn't for the upset it may cause my parents a very strongly worded letter telling him what I think of his 'bedside manner' would have been with him by now.

ColinJ

Along the same lines, an apparently well regarded oncologist who, four years ago, told me and my Dad that my Mum had about three months left to live. Mum's still alive and is clear of cancer.

If it wasn't for the upset it may cause my parents a very strongly worded letter telling him what I think of his 'bedside manner' would have been with him by now.
I'm glad that your mum is ok. Unfortunately, I know someone who had to go through this twice and it will not have a happy ending ...

Caring doctor: It is cancer and you probably don't have long. You can make an appointment to speak to a cancer nurse on the way out if you want to ... NEXT!

Weeks of confusion, discussion, and non-treatment eventually lead to the patient in question being called back to see the consultant again ...

Caring doctor: Yeah, well, we have reviewed the scans and the consensus now is that you don't have cancer. False alarm ... NEXT!

The symptoms continue, and get worse. Back to the hospital. More scans.

Caring doctor: Well, we were right the first time. It is cancer and it will kill you. You will probably last 6 months without treatment, 1 year with. The treatment is unpleasant - your choice. NEXT!

'Bedside manner'? He couldn't even find the bed! :thumbsdown:

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I'm glad that your mum is ok. Unfortunately, I know someone who had to go through this twice and it will not have a happy ending ...

Caring doctor: It is cancer and you probably don't have long. You can make an appointment to speak to a cancer nurse on the way out if you want to ... NEXT!

Weeks of confusion, discussion, and non-treatment eventually lead to the patient in question being called back to see the consultant again ...

Caring doctor: Yeah, well, we have reviewed the scans and the consensus now is that you don't have cancer. False alarm ... NEXT!

The symptoms continue, and get worse. Back to the hospital. More scans.

Caring doctor: Well, we were right the first time. It is cancer and it will kill you. You will probably last 6 months without treatment, 1 year with. The treatment is unpleasant - your choice. NEXT!

'Bedside manner'? He couldn't even find the bed! :thumbsdown:
And then they put signs up saying abusive behaviour against their staff will not be tolerated.........and yet they really don't understand the shattering impact that sort of news has on a person and their family.......unbelievable!

alicat

Legendary Member
You're welcome. Absolutely no need to mention all the work I've done off my own bat over the past six months to make the AGM a success. It was kind of your boss to walk straight past me and thank you for presenting my work.

And you wonder why the employee opinion survey in our area is the lowest in the business.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Goodbye. I have found another job. Though quite why they are shedding staff at an enormous rate is still beyond them.
No doubt you will replace me with a 16 year old because they're cheap.
If you start slagging me off like you did previous employees who've left, I will put in a complaint to your boss. You won't get away with it with me.
Oh, and play Would I Lie To You by the Eurythmics. It says all I want to say!!!

Top Bottom