Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
:hugs:

I thought the Danes were the perfect people.
The almost nearly perfect people.

None of the subjects in my sorry tale are Danes or Scandi's. All ex-pat Brits.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Actually I love drinking beer. Actually I love going to bars and pubs. Í do it all the time. But only with people I like. So, yes, I'll be going for a long run again tonight rather than coming out with you lot.
-and-
Actually I'd love a beer. Actually I'd love to meet you in that bar at half-eight. But you will then spend the next two hours talking shop and bitching about things we cant change, and bitching about them (see above) and about things which, with the benefit of hindsight, we coulda/shoulda/woulda done differently last year, and winding yourself up, and after a year of providing coaching and mentoring to you for free, I'm done. So, yes, I'll be going for a long run again tonight, and then I'll read a book in my hotel room on my own, whilst listening to Radio Four, and maybe even do some work, rather than meeting you in the pub, because much as I like you, and I really do, YOU.ARE.EXHAUSTING.
-and-
You don't like the numbers? They are not my numbers, I just report them. Sack me then, it would be a mercy. As day-to-day I feel like a dead man walking.

(It has been a trying month)
I always find going out to pubs with workmates like a long tea-break at work.................................Boring, But with beer.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The almost nearly perfect people.

None of the subjects in my sorry tale are Danes or Scandi's. All ex-pat Brits.
I have great work colleagues and i enjoy their company, at work but i now decline from the social gatherings because it's the same old same old chat, moans, groans and programme each time. Nothing new ever occurs and i am bored of that. Plus up until recently i spent 3/4 of my daily life with them and i do have a damn good life outside my job.

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
I don't like where i work, what I do, or the people I work with. The job isn't exactly taxing and the money is too good to walk away from while my wife is flatly refusing to look for part time work.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Looking at the Space Station earlier, I remembered being in our back garden with my Dad, when I was about 6 or 7, looking at Skylab. I'd love to be able to ring him up and go for one last drink.But I can't.
So, here's what I'd like to say, but can't
Thanks for encouraging me in space stuff. Thanks for the Metaxa that you didn't get a chance to drink.Thanks for the wanderlust,and the driving lessons, and everything.
You were a good bloke, a good mate, and a good Dad.
And I miss you.

And now I might have a bit of a Metaxa-fueled blub.

gbb

Legendary Member
(With the proviso it is indeed what it looks like)..
'Get that filth off your facebook...you disgust me, you have no place in a civilised society, you utter utter (expletive deleted) disgrace.'

My wife showed me a colleagues facebook wall..whatever that is...and there is a video showing a (I assume) muslim boy, circa 14 years old, carrying a machine gun, proclaiming in his mother tongue something very very ardently. Syria and some other text is subtitled in the screen.

I say colleague...they work at the same school...a special needs school with vulnerable kids.

what I did say was...
'You have a moral obligation to report that to the school..especially as you've just done 'recognising terrorism and radicalisation...if it is innocent, which I'm struggling to believe, she will have nothing to worry about.'

postman

Legendary Member
Maybe you would like to try driving your car,with the seat in an upright position.It's a seat not a fecking bed.You might also like to look through the windscreen and not down at your phone.We had stopped as the young lad had the crossing for him, on green.The good lad that he was he saw like me the speed your car was travelling could not stop in time,so he did,he stopped walking and you without looking continued over the crossing,when infact you should have stopped.I have noticed many times that young Asian lads like you,love to lay down when driving,next time i hope you wrap your car and yourself around an 'effing tree.You could have killed an innocent lad.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You've just turned down an offer from us to buy you the furniture you say you need because it's not good enough for you. Even though it's exactly what we're going to buy for ourselves. Don't be surprised if next time the answer to a request is a flat no.

And saving up for what you want? Really? Do the sums. It'll take you years.

Top Bottom