Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Trust me, none of that applied in this case. This was a simple act of blatantly jumping a red light because they know no one's going to pull them on it.

You don't know that, unless you actually know the driver, or were able to listen in on police radio. It may well be true, but you don't know where they were going or why.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You say things and I am not sure if you are just being innocent or whether you are making clumsy euphemisms/innuendos at me.

I had a chance earlier to find out, but I just wasn't sure.

Jameshow

Veteran
Trust me, none of that applied in this case. This was a simple act of blatantly jumping a red light because they know no one's going to pull them on it.

They could have been going to a crime just round the corner and didn't want to spook the crims.... Or the takeaway was ready!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd just like to say... WTF! Yeah, WTF! :wacko:

You remember Hitchcock's film, The Birds? A few birds appeared. Nothing sinister there. But then another 50 or 60 appeared. Then 500. Then thousands of the damn things. And then it all kicked off...

Well, it is like that in my kitchen today, only with flies instead of birds! This morning, I noticed one or two. I opened the window and shooed them out. I went about my business. Back into the kitchen... five or six flies buzzing about... opened window... shooed them out. I went out for a couple of hours and came back to about ten flies buzzing around... shooed them out. Half an hour later, another fifteen or so...

I cannot find out where they are coming from. There is no rotten food lying around (unless something has dropped somewhere where I can't find it). Every time I turn my back, there are MORE bloody flies in the kitchen. Are they the world's most intelligent and determined flies, flying up outside the house to one of the upstairs windows (which are only open by a couple of cms), and coming back in to annoy me again?!!! :cursing:

I almost dare not go back for another look, but feel compelled to. Hang on...

... FOUR MORE!!! Shooed them out. Walked out of kitchen, walked back. Two more!

No matter how long I stand there, I can't see where they are coming from. This is doing my head in...

ColinJ

Plus four... plus six... plus another one.

I have given up chasing them for now. During the day it is easy because they head for the sunlight coming in through the window but now it is dark outside they are flying all over the place. How many will there be in the morning - FIFTY!? :whistle: :wacko: :eek: :cursing:

ColinJ

Had quite a few of the fu***rs ourselves recently.
I heard/read about plagues of the little t**ts invading beaches and driving people away.
We're all doomed I tell thee.
I know that flies can reproduce remarkably quickly. I was looking after my then girlfriend's cats once while she was away visiting her family. I put the cat food out at 08:00 and went to work. I came back at 18:00 and what was left of the food was heaving with maggots! :eek:

The thing is there ISN'T any food lying around here... I really can't think where the flies are coming from.

I will probably find a rotting mouse under one of the cupboards tomorrow***! :laugh:

*** There are not any mice either, and my sense of smell is okay so I would notice if something like that was going on.

Let's take bets... How many flies will have to be removed when I get up? :whistle:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Who says you'll wake up?
They could eat you alive while you're sleeping.
shashank-mani-725855349-295x166.jpg

ColinJ

I... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

ColinJ

How many will there be in the morning - FIFTY!? :whistle: :wacko: :eek: :cursing:
Ha - in my dreams...

In my actual waking nightmare, I estimate that there were 100+ flies buzzing about! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I opened the kitchen window and door and spent 15 minutes waving my arms around and herding them towards the outside world.

I have left the door and window open but pulled the roller blind down over the fixed part of the window to keep flies away from that part which they can't get out of. There are just a few of them left (for now!) and they seem to randomly find their way out. I'm sure that once I secure the kitchen again and go out, I will return to increasing fly numbers again.

I always thought that flies need to lay their eggs in rotten food/plants but I haven't got any in the house; that is what is baffling me.

All of this could have come from one original flyyyyy. Excuse the typo - a fly just landed on my hand while I was typing!!! :laugh:

I have made a fly trap! I put some banana peel and strawberry tops in water in a 1 litre yoghurt pot at 2 pm. I've closed the door and window. Now let's see what happens... muhaha!

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
After having spent a weekend on holiday with a swimming pool that is family oriented and has slides etc, Its not a good look when I am standing below you in a line for a slide with your high legged cut bathing suit, I can see the shape of your derrière with only a thin piece of material protecting your modesty. Yes it’s stylish but it’s not the right place to wear such a thing when there are kids around!!!

Saw someone at the pool other day and was was wearing a swimsuit that didn't even have sleeves. Something needs to be done !

ColinJ

I have made a fly trap! I put some banana peel and strawberry tops in water in a 1 litre yoghurt pot at 2 pm. I've closed the door and window. Now let's see what happens... muhaha!
Hmm - that didn't work - they were walking around on the window pane above it and taking no notice of it.

I'll buy something designed to do the job - either a UV/zapper or a glue trap product.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We caught loads last week, in our holiday cottage, with a couple of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33450153...6&customid=oogiXLsXAAAA2Ma6DHmB4fF1kC8kAAAAAA

A few years ago the whole town here had a plague of flies in every house which had an open window. We blamed the landfill site which is nearly a mile away upwind but nothing was ever proved. Once the flies had gone when the weather got colder they never reappeared since.
Flypapers were one solution which seemed to have an effect but had to be replaced frequently.

Top Bottom