Things you're always being asked about cycling/your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogberry

I don't suppose you were riding two abreast at the time were you? Because it's the kind of question that might get asked even though you were riding in single file..

No, a work mate was out in his car over the week-end and came across a large group.

He knows I do 'the cycling thing' and therefor I am all of us. Taking it for the team I suppose you could call it :thumbsup:

JDP

Andiamo
As I normally ride a single speed.....

"That doesn't have any gears!!"

"No, it's a single speed bike"

"How to you get up hills?"

"Push harder"

loops

Working in the community team

Oh! are you on your bike?

-yep

so what are you going to do about visits?

-what do you mean?

well you haven't got any transport

:bicycle:

Freddyflintstone

Two lads talking - "Thats not his sports car, you don't cycle to Town (3miles) if you have a car"

Half way to work. Repairing my bike and a guy came out of a house. "How far have you cycled" he said."2miles and 2miles to go to work"."Blimey" he said, "wish I could do that, it's way too far" He works at the same place.

Mad at urage

I don't suppose you were riding two abreast at the time were you? Because it's the kind of question that might get asked even though you were riding in single file..
It isn't a question (so strictly OT) but I was told that I was "riding three in a row" the other day.

Yes, I was riding alone.

fimm

Veteran
I get people asking to pick up the Brompton on occassion. I'm enthusiastic about it, so I'm happy to let them - they often say they're thinking about getting one.

I was amused by the small girl who was convinced that my flashing red rear light was to make the bike look pretty!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
When I had a Brompton I was always being asked about it (outside of London anyway). I did loads of folding demos and allowed quite a few people to have a go too (a few people at work have done a lap of the office)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I took my Brompton on the Eurostar once, not long after it started up at Waterloo. I got to the check-in, and the woman there asked me to fold it up before I went through. So I did. She goggled.

"Can you do that again for me please?" she said. I obliged. While I was re-folding it, two French security guys came over to watch.
"Formidable!..." ... "C'est tres practique..." "Can we see zat one more time, monsieur?"

I did get checked in evenutally...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I popped into a petrol station to get a drink,head to toe in cycling kit. When I got to the cash desk, the assistant asked me if I had 'any fuel with that?'.
(subtle clues: bike locked outside, me in cycling kit)
Response (flippant) Yes, I just put five litres of diesel in my front tyre:whistle:

Bman

Guru
I popped into a petrol station to get a drink,head to toe in cycling kit. When I got to the cash desk, the assistant asked me if I had 'any fuel with that?'.
(subtle clues: bike locked outside, me in cycling kit)
Response (flippant) Yes, I just put five litres of diesel in my front tyre:whistle:

I usually reply "This *is* my fuel" then look at the food/drink I am about to buy.

Top Bottom