Tilting at Windmills ride - Sat. 11th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PippaG

Veteran
Change of plan. Again. I'm in. Just running around like an idiot getting my stuff togethere. Tim Hall - I will see you at Euston.

U

User10571

Quickly!

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Sitting at home, 7 miles from Tring, and the sun's shining, for the moment anyway. Just waiting for the postie who delivers to the windmill in Cholesbury to text me any info he's allowed to tell me.

Possibly! I've been struggling to build up mileage this spring. Left to my own devices, I'd have done a solo 50k ride today,which Isn't enough to progress. The whole Windmills ride would have been too much. We worked out a short-cut that would give me about 110-120k for the day, with about 35k of that being hilly. A significant stretch from what I've done so far this year but ultimately manageable. (I hope!!)

Just got a text from FD. They're still an hour away! :eek:

I'm flattered (I think!) that you chaps think I'm the G&T type. It'd be Guinness, actually, if I was imbibing alcohol at all today. Which I wasn't going to do, but after a 2-hour wait my resolve is wavering...

PippaG

Veteran
Absolutely cracking ride. Well the bit I did until lunch was. There was definitely wind. And definitely hills. And most certainly windmills at the tops of hills. There may have been some "oh crap this looks like a footpath" and "oh this is private land". There may also have been some bench sniffing. But it was all fabulous. Thanks Flying dodo and to the other 5 intrepid adventurers. Rebecca took my place for the rest of the ride as I pulled off to head home.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
A great day out in the Chilterns. Thanks to all for the assistance with two simultaneous visits from the fairy at the bottom of a long technical descent into Fingest where, I concur with Pippa, bench sniffing was done. 1450m of climbing, normal for an FD outing, and 75 mles for me.
The cold and wet did for me in the end and the temptation of a warm Chiltern line train at Aylesbury proved irresistible in the end.
Thank you all once again.
'Chitty Bang Bang Chitty Chitty Bang Bang', etc…

Top Bottom