Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That's good, we might get to watch the climbs on TV if they are all decisive, as @rich p will testify there's no point covering in decisive events. :tongue:
:rolleyes:
I thought you only wanted pretty climbs televised:okay:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Wtf is inside that motorhome...

ozy2-640x363.png

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Contadors had a Month since the giro, I don't buy that it will hamper him at the tour. With so many gc contenders it could either be a massive competition between them that makes every stage a mist watch, or an issue with so many teams hosting that we may see mod guys end up hitting the deck, or wearing out their team Mates to the point they aren't making the time cuts

RobNewcastle

Contadors had a Month since the giro, I don't buy that it will hamper him at the tour. With so many gc contenders it could either be a massive competition between them that makes every stage a mist watch, or an issue with so many teams hosting that we may see mod guys end up hitting the deck, or wearing out their team Mates to the point they aren't making the time cuts

I think it's very hard to say, getting the recovery right between the Giro and Tour must be extremely difficult and he looked pretty jaded after the 2011 Giro. We'll only know when it all kicks off on the big climbs late in the tour.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Bertie had a hard Giro, they managed to crack him on that massive last climb they done, when he faces the big guns at Le Tour he will find it even harder, i think he will struggle in the 3rd week of Le Tour...

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
He wasn't really cracked, they went up faster, and he paced himself up the climb to stay well ahead overall, that's smart riding than just chasing them when he knew he didn't have to win to win overall.

For all Astanas efforts through that race, he won overall, and we have all seen how well he let's others lead as he sits on their wheel, give him four others to follow, and he will be able to save even more explosive efforts. It will be a war of attrition. Can't wait!

RobNewcastle

He wasn't really cracked, they went up faster, and he paced himself up the climb to stay well ahead overall, that's smart riding than just chasing them when he knew he didn't have to win to win overall.

For all Astanas efforts through that race, he won overall, and we have all seen how well he let's others lead as he sits on their wheel, give him four others to follow, and he will be able to save even more explosive efforts. It will be a war of attrition. Can't wait!

I agree that he wasn't really properly cracked, he was measuring his efforts. But he had to work pretty bloody hard for the win and for that reason I agree that I think he'll find it hard against the other GC contenders and their A teams deep into the tour.

400bhp

Guru
I agree that he wasn't really properly cracked, he was measuring his efforts. But he had to work pretty bloody hard for the win and for that reason I agree that I think he'll find it hard against the other GC contenders and their A teams deep into the tour.

And the Saxo team is pretty weak too.

RobNewcastle

Sky are looking pretty strong team wise, the pace is going to be relentless.

Teams are usually announced over this next week aren't they. Interested to see Sky's final 9. I think 5-6 of them will be fairly obvious, but the final few will be interesting (form, tactical etc).

Top Bottom