Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomson

Just got into cycling the last two years. Love the monuments. Milan-San Remo my fave. Not a lover off the grand tours but this has really kept me interested these past few weeks. Learned so much about bike racing. I would off loved ja to win but didn’t think it would really happen. Love the french and all the supporters. I think cycling has been the real winner these past weeks.

Venod

Eh up
Movistar will win the team award, using tactics that no one can fugure out, what would have happened if they had all rode for Landa ? he looked good to me.

I think Geraint was a bit stitched up here. If he had been given the chance as leader with everyone working for him he would have had this. DB has got his team another win but again at the expense of his defending champion.
If Pinot had stayed in the race I don't think G would have won. Of course they could have safely gambled that Pinot wouldn't stay in the race but if he had the only rider who remotely stayed close to him in the Pyrenees was Bernal.

shitty Giro, brilliant T.D.F, wonder what the Vuelta will bring, :bravo::notworthy: or :sad::cry: or maybe some more :boxing: :cycle:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So now the dust has settled my overriding feeling is what a wasted opportunity for the teams other than Ineos

Ineos/Sky have dominated this race because they have always been 100% prepared and 100% focused on winning the overall. Except this year it seems to have gone awry. Kwiatowski, Moscon, Poels were all subpar so Ineos couldn't dominate the race as they had previously. I fear next year we will be back to the boring climbing train, riding for Bernal. This year was the year but they all blew it; Pinot's body doesn't seem capable, Movistar are, well, Movistar, Stevie K doesn't seem to quite have it. I suspect, after Pinot, the person most regretting is Dumoulin. If he'd made the tour in good shape he could have won

Anyway, well done Bernal. Of the riders left standing, he was the best

It was a tale of failure and disappointment, lit up by the swashbuckling ride and personality of Alaphilippe. Quintana, Landa, Kruiswijck, Porte, Yates, Martin, Uran, Molimar, Bardet, Fuglsang all disappointed. Who even remembers that Zacharin was in the race, even Ineos didn't hit their usual highs.

Pinot suffered the misfortune that everyone was expecting, probably even him. He still remains the most promising French rider of his generation. He's got over his fear of descending, he's improved as TT'er, he's got his head in the right place and learned to handle the pressure, he's got the team, he only needs a bit of luck over the three weeks to win it. He could still do it I reckon. Alaphilippe could possibly do it but he's vulnerable in the mountains, if he can change that then he has a chance but I hope he doesn't change it at the expense of his panache.

I'm going for Groenewegen today, just because.

Adam4868

Guru
So now the dust has settled my overriding feeling is what a wasted opportunity for the teams other than Ineos

Ineos/Sky have dominated this race because they have always been 100% prepared and 100% focused on winning the overall. Except this year it seems to have gone awry. Kwiatowski, Moscon, Poels were all subpar so Ineos couldn't dominate the race as they had previously. I fear next year we will be back to the boring climbing train, riding for Bernal. This year was the year but they all blew it; Pinot's body doesn't seem capable, Movistar are, well, Movistar, Stevie K doesn't seem to quite have it. I suspect, after Pinot, the person most regretting is Dumoulin. If he'd made the tour in good shape he could have won

Anyway, well done Bernal. Of the riders left standing, he was the best
Everyone wanted a more open Tour and they got it.Even more with Froome and Dumoulin missing.Were forgetting how close it was between the final 4 timewise.I thought Kruiswijk and Buchman rode a good tour.
Movistar were tactically shite.Another case of too many leaders ? Only thought Landa would have stood a chance there.
Anyway too many what ifs.Bernal was a worthy winner.
Nearly forget Woods epic ride with two broken ribs.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm going to start a plus and minus thread where you can add your own subjective ones whether they're spurious, contentious or witty!

Top Bottom