Tour De France 2021 with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I wonder if they let Andre Greipel do the lead on to the champs elysees tomorrow seeing as its his last tour de france before his retirement:okay:

yello

I'll only watch TTs (individual or team) if I've really really got nothing else to do, and/or the weather's rubbish. The 'race of truth' they might well be but they don't rate highly as viewing entertainment for me. Which reminds me, must look at the finishing times - just out of interest....

...blimey, Cavendish placed better than I expected him to! I wonder what the thinking was? Did he do justice to the competition by giving it max effort? Or stay comfortably within himself?

Reactions: mjr

Mike_P

Guru
Cav does seem to has put less effort into this TT than the first TT where he was 77 out of 177 3:24 behind and 3:31 in front of McNulty who was last.
This one he was 66 out of 142 4:12 behind, 2:26 in front of Chaves who was last.

Adam4868

Guru
I'll only watch TTs (individual or team) if I've really really got nothing else to do, and/or the weather's rubbish. The 'race of truth' they might well be but they don't rate highly as viewing entertainment for me. Which reminds me, must look at the finishing times - just out of interest....

...blimey, Cavendish placed better than I expected him to! I wonder what the thinking was? Did he do justice to the competition by giving it max effort? Or stay comfortably within himself?
TTs are great to go and watch live.Been to quite a few.But agree they can be a bit dull on tv.Except maybe the 2020 tour 😁
The only thing worse is today's stage...too nice to sit in and watch I'm out for a drink.

Adam4868

Guru
I wonder if they let Andre Greipel do the lead on to the champs elysees tomorrow seeing as its his last tour de france before his retirement:okay:
Dare I say it...I'm going out so I will.As much as I love Cav and hope he gets his record.Be a nice farewell for Greipal to take the win today.Be hard with his lead out team though.

Milzy

Guru
Good luck to……

Jasper Philipsen
Wout Van Aert
Cees Bol
Mads Pedersen
Michael Morkov
Mike Teunissen
Christophe Laporte
Andre Greipel
Ivan Cortina
Jasper Stuyven.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Dare I say it...I'm going out so I will.As much as I love Cav and hope he gets his record.Be a nice farewell for Greipal to take the win today.Be hard with his lead out team though.
I will be glued to the tv for the last 45 minutes, I think if Cav does it, then for me it will be a where were you moment. This could be his only chance as next year he will be a year older and the competition is likely to be a lot stronger. Today is a bit of a sports fest, cricket, golf, F1 and fingers crossed history being made and an awesome interview to go with it. It is the one positive if me being stuck in bed for the last 3 weeks continuously with bloody horrible sciatica.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The van Poppel brothers both set exactly the same time in yesterdays TT
1626616099505.png

Who says time trials are boring?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
ive tried google but going round in circles,.. does anyone know what is the longest a single rider has kept the yellow jersey in a single tour, google keeps giving me a list of who has wore the yellow jersey the most
I can always remember that Romain Maes is one of those who've led from start to finish. If you add that to your search you should find what you're looking for.

Slightly more recently, Jacques Auquetil led from the first day to the last, but the first day had split stages and he didn't lead until the end of the second part.

With split stages in many years (three in a day sometimes) there will have been some years with more than others. Another interesting question might be who has held the jersey on the most consecutive stages, or the most in a particular year, not necessarily consecutive. I don't know the answers and I should be doing something else right now. :angel:

Top Bottom