Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
IMG_20230724_171742.jpg

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Much more exciting stage today, loved it! Delighted to see Lianne Lippert take the win (much as I like the SD Worx riders, it’s nice to see new faces winning). It looked tough though!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't quite know what to make of this route. I just did a quick (probably wrong) count and there are 15 cat 4 climbs, 7 cat 3, 2 cat 2 and one each of cat 1 and HC (both on stage 7). All the stages seem a bit samey except for 7 and 8 (the TT)

I wonder if this is because of the wide spread of ability. If you put a big selective climb in too early then Annemiek will just win and it will all be over and maybe some riders will be timed out.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I remember that the Tour Of Britain was once known as the Milk Race. The riders were known as "The Milkmen".

My first cycle race watching experience, I rode out with a mate and stood in the drizzle to see the milk race. I took some unrecognisably blurry photos. I was not hooked.

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
I remember the league cup had the milk marketing board as sponsor and the trophy was the milk cup. I so wanted the egg marketing board to take over so the trophy would be the Egg Cup.
Alas Coca-cola got the gig.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I remember that the Tour Of Britain was once known as the Milk Race. The riders were known as "The Milkmen".
They were separate races.

They both ran together from when the ToB (current version) started in 1987 until the Milk Race ended in 1993.
The Milk Race was about 11-12 stages, and was a top end amatuer race (incl Russian etc national teams plus some lower end Pro teams).
The ToB was initially 5 stages, growing to 8 currently, had a dodgy spell with only 2 races between 1994 & 2004, but has always been a proper Pro race with proper Pro teams.

The first race I went to watch was the Milk Race, going up Winnats in I think 1986. The back end of the race were pushing.

Alex321

Veteran
They were separate races.

They both ran together from when the ToB (current version) started in 1987 until the Milk Race ended in 1993.
The Milk Race was about 11-12 stages, and was a top end amatuer race (incl Russian etc national teams plus some lower end Pro teams).
The ToB was initially 5 stages, growing to 8 currently, had a dodgy spell with only 2 races between 1994 & 2004, but has always been a proper Pro race with proper Pro teams.

The first race I went to watch was the Milk Race, going up Winnats in I think 1986. The back end of the race were pushing.

The only live cycle race I have ever seen was a stage of the milk race, more or less by accident when I was visiting my parents-in-law in Tregaron - the stage finished in Aberystwyth that day.
I think it must have been the 1992 edition

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-qCNTlFTGM

13 rider

Guru
At 59km to go in today's stage I thought Vollering was going to crash into her team car ,dangerous drafting . Driver got a telling off by an official I wonder if it's enough for a time penalty?

Last edited:
Top Bottom