Tour de Yorkshire 2016 - Where you watching from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Today I think I'm heading to Cawood or Tadcaster, tomorrow Doncaster and Sunday I'll be sat halfway up Sutton Bank!

Anyone else going to watch and if so where from?

East Rigton/Rigton Bank tomorrow and Scarborough on Sunday

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
East Rigton/Rigton Bank tomorrow and Scarborough on Sunday
Same here.

My cousin is driving down from Scotland today and said he wants to rest his legs tomorrow before the TdY sportive on Sunday so we will go and watch the race pass by and that climb sounds like the most interesting spot to do it from.

I got him to drive us round some of my hilly local cycle routes when we drove back from Leeds last year and he was very impressed. He even contemplated moving down here.

We will hang about in Scarborough on Sunday after we finish our ride. I'm sure there will be at least one big screen for spectators to use to watch the race's approach.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Home :cry:

I was going to be riding up to Settle but that plan's gone out of the window since falling off on Tuesday.
I'm in same boat as you. I'll be watching from home after a little health scare at the beginning of the week. Some of my club mates are heading off to watch, but it's a 60 mile ride, which is too much for me at the mo. I'm not even risking cycling the 15 miles each way to Beverley to see the start :blush: But on a more positive note, I should have been at work, so wouldn't have even seen it on TV :okay:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
We're going all the way up from Surrey. We have friends in Consibrough so will watch it from the castle tomorrow.

Today; probably somewhere between Cawood, Ulleskelf & Tadcaster

Tomorrow; for the ladies, possibly Pontefract, Darrington, or Badsworth in the morning
For the men, I'm meant to be meeting a few of my running club buddies, who ride, at Womersley ('Blue Lagoon' - as some of them are Wakefield Triathlon Club members too), & riding up to Birkin (with a café call, afterwards)

Sunday; working 08:00 - 17:00, so it'll be recorded, & the highlights watched in the evening (plus quick glimpses in the staff-room, at ITV4, when I get the chance)

If by any small, mediocre, chance you see me, say "Hello"

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm going to have a drive to Ripley today, not far from my static caravan in Bedale.

I've also just remotely instructed my Sky box in the house to record the highlights.

Clever stuff - for me anyway.

Top Bottom