Tour de Yorkshire 2016 - Where you watching from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched the "highlights" on ITV4, which didn't really show anything before Pateley Bridge, which is a shame as I was wanted to see the stretch from Riccall to Knaresborough, which is somewhere I cycle fairly frequently (though not all in one go, yet...). Greenhow Hill looked as brutal as ever, the motorbike cameras really showed the incline from the start.
Perhaps a bit less talking in the market square and a bit more bike time might have been an idea? Never mind. :headshake:
That said, what was on was good and I've got the main show recorded from this afternoon so i'll try and catch up at some point later on.

Tomorrow we're going to walk up to Scholes to watch the womens race in the morning, then going back up after lunch for the afternoon stuff and then the mens race / sprint through the village. We did toy with the idea of riding up there (theres a green lane we could use), but then you've the hassle of what to do with the bikes, etc and it's only a 20 minute or so walk. Should be a good do!

A few pics from a cold, wet, and windy Ripley.

You didn't visit the Ice-Cream shop, did you?
What was the special flavour, if you did, I like the Turkish Delight, & the Chocolate Orange

And sorry for the spam but here is the accompanying blog with a pic of my ugly face and a few riders.
When I saw the name, I thought you might be the (ex?) Bradford Olympic CX rider, who was also called by that name (real name; Jough Watson)

I'll be out on Sunday. Looking to pick the route up at Stokesley and ride through to Hutton Rugby bank. It is not a KOM but it is a sharp short shock which should be interesting. I am then going to go on to Rounton, where roots cafe is, to grab some breakfast before going onto Osmotherly and climbing up to Cod Beck Resevoir. Afterwards I'll dive down into Swainby, head towards Sexhow and arrive at Hutton Rugby again. From there I'll see what the atmosphere is like, I may cycle home via Great Ayton or take the backroads home. Nice 30-40 miler!

All welcome to join. The ride should cover 5-6 miles of the route.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I might ride upto Thorner, does anyone know if they come down Thorner main street then go left up to Barwick where the Junction is on Barwick Road? Thanks.

From Thorner its up the hill to the A64, left and then right into Scholes and through there to Barwick via the Coronation Tree.

We're just at Station Rd in Scholes for the Women's Race.
IMG_20160430_082929365~2.jpg

Not decided yet if we're staying here or walking up to Barwick for the men's race...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I might ride upto Thorner, does anyone know if they come down Thorner main street then go left up to Barwick where the Junction is on Barwick Road? Thanks.
The route is shown here- http://letour.yorkshire.com/womens-race/map - zoom in on Barwick.

leedsmick

Eurosport have lost the pictures at the point they would be going through roads i use and hit the harewood climb.

Julia9054

Guru
You didn't visit the Ice-Cream shop, did you?
What was the special flavour, if you did, I like the Turkish Delight, & the Chocolate Orange

The real secret is not the ice cream but the shop next to the ice cream shop which sells flapjack to die for!

Looks like a much nicer day today. Going to cycle to Otley to watch the start of the men's race. Would like to have seen the women's but I can't get up that early on a weekend!

Top Bottom